Senior Citizen Advisory Commission
|COMMISSIONER, VICE CHAIR
2021 Commission Meeting Schedule
LONG BEACH SENIOR CITIZEN ADVISORY COMMISSION
Monthly meetings – Every Second Wednesday of each month at 10 a.m.
Via: Teleconference – until further notice.
|January 14, 2021|
|February 11, 2021|
|March 10, 2021|
|April 14, 2021|
|May 12, 2021|
|June 09, 2021|
|July 14, 2021|
|August 11, 2021|
|September 08, 2021|
|October 13, 2021|
|November 10, 2021|
|December 08, 2021|
Must be a Long Beach resident
The duties and functions of the Commission, as stated by the City of Long Beach Charter, are as follows:
- To act in an advisory capacity to any City department, or City Council committee concerned with senior problems on all matters pertaining to older Americans an their needs.
- To assemble information on problems and their solutions for older American through all available means, including public hearings.
- To be empowered on its own initiative to make recommendations to senior citizen service agencies on matters within its purview.
- To act to facilitate coordination between existing and proposed programs for the elderly.
- To carry out such studies as may be assigned to it by the City Council.
- To report to the Mayor and City Council its findings from time to time.
- City Ordinance 2.57.030
The Commission is comprised of nine citizens of Long Beach over the age of 50 years who are appointed for a two-year term, for a maximum of four terms. The regular meeting of the Commission is held on the second Wednesday of each month from 9:00 a.m to 12:00 p.m. at the Long Beach Senior Center, with the exception of noted meetings.
For more information, please contact: For more information, please contact: Irene Rodriguez, Department of Parks, Recreation & Marine - Community Recreation Services Bureau, at (562) 570-3538.