The City of Long Beach is committed to providing you with a benefit plan that meets your needs, no matter where you are in life, but you have to experience your benefits to know the value they add to you and your family. Open Enrollment begins Monday, October 3-14, 2022, and you are encouraged to look more closely at the City's comprehensive benefits plans.
Open Enrollment postcards and booklets have been mailed to the address on file, so please keep your personal information current and be sure to review the materials and log in to the Virtual OE Fair!
What's New For 2023
- The FSA limit for healthcare reimbursement increases to $2,850 - you must enroll during Open Enrollment to participate in the FSA for 2023
- The cost of coverage is increasing for the Anthem Blue Cross medical plans
- Prescription Glasses Frame Allowance is increasing to $130 and eye exams will be based on calendar year instead of a rolling 12 months
- Add $25K Voluntary Life Insurance - No Medical Questions Asked
- Your PIN for The Standard Ready Enroll website has been reset - see the Benefits Booklet or Life and Disability Booklet for information on how to reset your PIN
- This year's Open Enrollment Activities are 100% virtual with "live" days for Actives (10/5/22 and 10/13/22) and Retirees (10/7/22). Check out the site map to navigate!
2023 Benefits Communications
|2023 Active Employees Booklet||2023 Active Non-Perm Employees Booklet|
|2023 Retirees Booklet||Life and Disability Booklet|
Reminder - Health Advocate is Here for You!
Health Advocate connects you and your eligible family members to all of your benefits, services and programs through a single, toll-free number (866-799-2731), where a dedicated health professional can help you with virtually any healthcare need (i.e. 2nd opinions, medical records transfers, appeals, etc.). Download the Health Advocate mobile app or visit them at HealthAdvocate.com/members.
Income Protection (Life Insurance, Disability) for Benefits Eligible Employees
Review the Life and Disability Guide for details on Short-Term Disability and Long-Term Disability benefits. Information on the City's Employer-Paid Life and Voluntary Life benefits are also included.
Update Your Beneficiaries - CalPERS, MissionSquare (ICMA-RC) and The Standard
Throughout the year, please give some thought to updating your beneficiaries. Please note the following information:
- To protect your CalPERS retirement assets in case you pass away, you can designate your beneficiary online via myCalPERS, via mail or in person at a CalPERS regional office. Power of Attorney documents can be mailed to CalPERS or submitted in person at a regional office.
- Designate the beneficiary for your MissionSquare 457 Plan assets online, or via the new MissionSquare app.
- For Life Insurance coverage(s), you can designate beneficiaries via The Standard Ready Enroll Portal. Review the Life & Disability Booklet for your options.
Additional Benefit Resources
- MHN: Employee Assistance Program
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA) - (WageWorks is now HealthEquity)
- Long Term Care (UNUM) Website and Information Packet
- Gympass - Fitness and Apps for All! Try their 7-day free trial (Your Alt ID on LifeViewHR is your Employee ID for Gympass enrollment)
- Carrum Health - Concierge Surgery Benefit for PPO members - No Surprise Bills!
- 2022 Benefits Booklets: Actives, Non-Permanent, Retirees