The City of Long Beach is committed to providing you with a benefit plan that meets your needs, no matter where you are in life, but you have to experience your benefits to know the value they add to you and your family. We encourage our employees and their dependents to practice self-care and be empowered to improve their physical, behavioral, and financial wellness with the tools and resources the City offers!
EAP CHANGES COMING
The City of Long Beach will now be offering EAP services through Health Advocate!
As of July 1st, 2023, the City of Long Beach will be changing vendors for the Employee Assistance Program (EAP) services from MNH to Health Advocate.
City of Long Beach employees currently enjoy the high level of service Health Advocate experts provide which includes a wide range of healthcare issues such as answering insurance and claim questions, resolving billing issues, finding in-network doctors, making appointments, transferring medical records, and more. Now, effective July 1st, 2023, Health Advocate can seamlessly extend their services to include confidential support from Employee Assistance Program (EAP) Professionals through phone, text, chat or video who can help work through personal, family or work issues. Please note that the phone number for all Health Advocate services will be changing to 866-799-2691.
2023 Benefits Communications
|2023 Active Employees Booklet||2023 Active Non-Perm Employees Booklet|
|2023 Retirees Booklet||Life and Disability Booklet|
Reminder - Health Advocate is Here for You!
Health Advocate connects you and your eligible family members to all of your benefits, services and programs through a single, toll-free number (866-799-2691), where a dedicated health professional can help you with virtually any healthcare need (i.e. 2nd opinions, medical records transfers, appeals, etc.). Download the Health Advocate mobile app or visit them at HealthAdvocate.com/members.
Income Protection (Life Insurance, Disability) for Benefits Eligible Employees
Review the Life and Disability Guide for details on Short-Term Disability and Long-Term Disability benefits. Information on the City's Employer-Paid Life and Voluntary Life benefits are also included.
Update Your Beneficiaries - CalPERS, MissionSquare (ICMA-RC) and The Standard
Throughout the year, please give some thought to updating your beneficiaries. Please note the following information:
- To protect your CalPERS retirement assets in case you pass away, you can designate your beneficiary online via myCalPERS, via mail or in person at a CalPERS regional office. Power of Attorney documents can be mailed to CalPERS or submitted in person at a regional office.
- Designate the beneficiary for your MissionSquare 457 Plan assets online, or via the new MissionSquare app.
- For Life Insurance coverage(s), you can designate beneficiaries via The Standard Ready Enroll Portal. Review the Life & Disability Booklet for your options.
Additional Benefit Resources
- Health Advocate: Employee Assistance Program
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA) - (WageWorks is now HealthEquity)
- Long Term Care (UNUM) Website and Information Packet
- Gympass - Fitness and Apps for All! Try their 7-day free trial (Your Alt ID on LifeViewHR is your Employee ID for Gympass enrollment)
- Carrum Health - Concierge Surgery Benefit for PPO members - No Surprise Bills!
- 2022 Benefits Booklets: Actives, Non-Permanent, Retirees