May is Mental Health Awareness Month!
The City of Long Beach is committed to providing you with comprehensive benefits that meet your needs, no matter where you are in life, even if your life is currently a "balancing act."
During these extraordinary times, many of us are spending more time with our families. And while family time can be a source of support, comfort and strength, it can also be a source of stress. After all, everyone struggles to find enough time to balance work and family obligations. It’s especially challenging for those who are also raising children or caring for disabled or elderly relatives. Check out these tips that can help you deal with family dynamics.
In honor of Mental Health Awareness month, Gympass will host several virtual fitness events designed to kick your fitness level up a notch and remind you and yours to exercise self-care!
|Webinar Topic||Date||Time||Link to Register|
High Intensity Interval Training Live Class
|7 am - 7:30 am||Click Here|
|HIIT Live Class||Thursday
|2 pm - 2:30 pm||Click Here|
|What is Gympass Webinar||Wednesday
|9am - 9:30 am||Click Here|
|Meditation with Personal Trainer||Tuesday
|7 am - 7:30 am||Click Here|
|Pilates with Personal Trainer||Thursday
|1pm - 1:30 pm||Click Here|
|Creating Healthy Habits with Synctuition||Wednesday May 26th||12 noon - 12:30pm||Click Here|
2021 Benefits Highlights and Communications
- New benefits website and mobile app MyBenefits.Life that provides you and your dependents access to all of the City's Benefits programs. Review the Employee Benefits Guide for details.
|Benefits Communications and Selection Form|
|2021 Active Employees Benefits Guide|
|2021 Active Non-Permanent Employees Benefits Guide|
|2021 Retiree Benefits Guide|
|Benefits Selection (Change/Add) Form (Active Employees Only)|
|2021 Life & Disability Guide (Active Employees Only)|
|Anthem Blue Cross|
|Flexible Spending Plan|
Reminder - Health Advocacy Services!
Health Advocate connects you and your eligible family members to all of your benefits, services and programs through a single, toll-free number (866-799-2731), where a dedicated health professional can help you with virtually any healthcare need (i.e. 2nd opinions, medical records transfers, appeals, etc.). Download the Health Advocate mobile app or visit them at HealthAdvocate.com/members.
Life Insurance and CalPERS Beneficiary Reminders!
Voluntary Life Insurance Coverage
Don’t forget! Employees can either enroll for the first time or increase existing coverage by $25,000 - no medical questions asked. Children can also be enrolled up to $10K ($1.20 per month, regardless of the number of enrolled children).
Update Your Beneficiaries - CalPERS, ICMA-RC and The Standard
During Open Enrollment, please give some thought to updating your beneficiaries. Please note the following information:
- To protect your CalPERS retirement assets in case you pass away, you can designate your beneficiary online via myCalPERS, via mail or in person at a CalPERS regional office. Power of Attorney documents can be mailed to CalPERS or submitted in person at a regional office.
- Designate the beneficiary for your Deferred Compensation 457 Plan assets online, or via the new ICMA-RC app.
- For Life Insurance coverage(s), you can designate beneficiaries via The Standard Portal.
Supplemental Benefit Resources
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Long Term Care (UNUM) Website and Information Packet
- Voluntary Life Insurance Benefits Summary and Benefits Portal (Instructions)
Additional Benefits Resources
Benefits Selection/Change/Add Form (use this form to update your dependents when you experience a qualifying life event)