Printing is available at each of our locations for $0.15/page (black and white) or $0.50/page (color). We currently accept cash and coins only.
Mobile printing is also available! Send and print documents from any smartphone, tablet, or laptop and pick them up at the library. You can either:
- Upload to our Patron Printing service using a web browser or the PrinterOn mobile app (available on the App Store and Google Play), OR
- Send your file as an email to the following Neighborhood Libraries:
The Burnett Neighborhood Library offers one-on-one instruction for basic computer skills and any other tech-related queries on Saturdays between 10:00 AM – 5:00 PM. Assistance is provided on a first-come first-served basis.
Hours and availability may vary depending on staffing. We encourage patrons to call (562) 570-1041 before they visit.
The Dana Neighborhood Library offers 30 minute one-on-one computer instruction appointments on Fridays between 2:00 PM – 4:00 PM. Please call (562) 570-1042 to make an appointment.
The Library partners with Long Beach Community College (LBCC) to host computer classes at the Michelle Obama Neighborhood Library.
Contact the LBCC Adult Education Program to sign up for classes and for more information.
Basic Computer Skills (LearningExpress Library)
New to computers or the internet? Take these introductory video courses on computers, the internet, and popular Microsoft Office software like Excel and Word.
The premier online learning service for older adults (ages 55+) providing live online classes that are interactive, easy to join, and offered day and night. Check out the GetSetUp Calendar and select the "Computers" filter to learn about different tech topics like computer basics, WiFi, video calling, and more.
Northstar Digital Literacy and Online Learning
The online, self-guided program features interactive tests to master the following topics:
- Basic Computer Skills
- Internet Basics
- Using Email
- Windows OS
- Mac OS
- Software Programs
- Microsoft Word
- Microsoft Excel
- Microsoft PowerPoint
- Google Docs
- Using Technology in Daily Life
- Social Media
- Information Literacy
- Career Search Skills
- Accessing Teleheath Appointments
- Your Digital Footprint
- Supporting K-12 Distance Learning
Digital Library resources are free for LBPL cardholders.
Contact Connected California to learn more about qualifying for:
- Free and low-cost computer resources
- Free and low-cost internet services
- Computer literacy classes
- Computer labs and printing resources
- Public Wi-Fi resources
- Job preparedness services
One-on-one assistance is available in English and Spanish.
Or contact Human I-T to see if you qualify for low-cost devices, internet access, and digital skills training.
- Call (888) 391-7249
- Text “City of Long Beach” to (562) 561- 2565
- Website: https://www.human-i-t.org/get-connected/
- Email: info@human-I-T.org