Need Something Else?
Interlibrary Loan allows LBPL cardholders to borrow materials owned by libraries outside the LBPL system, for a fee.
Interlibrary Loan can be a great option when looking for:
- Out of Print Titles
- Books and Audiobooks LBPL doesn't own
- Academic Text Books
- Journals and Newspapers
- Music Scores
We cannot use Interlibrary Loan to request:
- Materials already available at one our LBPL locations.
- Music CDs
- eBooks and other digital media
There is a $5, nonrefundable fee for each Interlibrary Loan request, plus postage and lending library fees, when applicable.
The lending library fee amount varies and is not known until after a request is placed. If the amount is over what you are willing to spend, we will not obtain the item for you to borrow.
Zip Books is a statewide project funded by the California State Library.
- Any LBPL patron in good standing (no lost or damaged items on their account) may request a Zip Book.
- The item must be available from Amazon (not an affiliated seller) as a book, large print book, or audiobook on CD.
- The title in the format requested must not already be in the Library catalog, on order for the Library, or not yet published.
- The cost of the item must be under $50.
- The item can't be a fiction bestseller.
Request 1 item at a time and keep it as long as you'd like. Return your undamaged item to a staff member at any of our LBPL locations and let them know it’s a Zip Book item. Patrons can request up to 5 items per month. Only 1 request is allowed at a time.
Zip Books cannot be returned in the book drop. They must be handed to a library staff member with notification that it is a Zip Book. If a Zip Book item is not properly returned or returned damaged, you may be ineligible for future Zip Book requests.
Step 1: Patrons and library staff can fill out the Zip Books Request Form.
Step 2: Library staff will contact you with updates on when to expect your item to arrive from Amazon, or to let you know if it is not available. Please contact us if you don’t receive your book by the estimated delivery date.
Step 3: Keep the item as long as you want! When you are finished, return item to a staff member at any LBPL location during open hours.
Step 4: Repeat up to a total of 5 times per month.