Career Online High School
Now is the time to get your high school diploma! Long Beach Public Library (LBPL) offers a free, flexible diploma program that makes the decision to go back to school easier than ever. Since 2017, over 75 students have graduated through LBPL's Career Online High School.
Most students tell us time is the biggest question for them. When will they find the time to go back to school? But Career Online High School (COHS) has solved that! Coursework is open 24/7 and you have up to 18 months to complete the program. Plus, everyone is paired with an academic coach for individual support throughout the program.
To apply, you must:
- Be 19 years or older
- Live in the City of Long Beach
- Have a Long Beach Public Library card (and fines must be under $20). Don't have one yet? Getting a library card is easy!
Steps to Apply
After the LBPL interview and COHS orientation, you can request transcripts for previously completed classes.
COHS can only accept official transcripts sent directly from the school. Usually, transcripts can be requested right from a school’s website. If not, you can email or fax a Transcript Request Form (PDF) to the high school.
Send transcripts to firstname.lastname@example.org or:Smart Horizons Career Online Education (Attn: Student Services)
1280 SW 36th Ave, Suite 104
Pompano Beach, FL 33069
- Attend your orientation
- Access your courses when it is convenient for you
- Use the Pace Guide to stay on track
- Get in touch with your academic coach when you need support
- Graduate in 18 months or less ready for a career in your major
Free Online Tutoring
- 24/7 assistance for Language Arts and Mathematics in English and Spanish.
- Help with core K–12 subjects every day from 10:00 AM–10:00 PM in English, Spanish, Tagalog, Mandarin, Cantonese, and Vietnamese.