Reduce, Reuse, Recycle
Long Beach Recycles is a part of the Environmental Services Bureau (ESB) in the Department of Public Works. LBRecycles helps residents, visitors, schools, and businesses reduce, reuse, and recycle right in Long Beach.
The Environmental Services Bureau provides a robust trash and recycling collection service that serves over 120,000 residential and commercial customers.
Join Our Team!
Join our team of dedicated refuse operators to help keep Long Beach clean, green, and litter-free! All new refuse operators in the Environmental Services Bureau will be eligible for the recruitment incentive outlined below. Apply now!
- 1st Payment: $1,000 upon starting
- 2nd Payment: $2,000 upon completion of probation
- 3rd Payment: $3,000 upon completion of 3,132 scheduled hours
- Medical and Dental Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Retirement Plan (P.E.R.S.)
- Paid Vacation, Personal Holidays, and Sick Leave
- Deferred Compensation
- Credit Union Membership
- Free Bus Transportation
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Paid Parental Leave
- Report a collection problem
- Repare/replace refuse or recycling cart
- Request a Special Collection
- Report illegal dumping
For any of the issues above, please use the linked online form or call our Customer Call Center at (562) 570-2876 for assistance with your request.
Looking for information on what you can Recycle? Check out our Recycling Guidelines.
Have questions on Organics and SB1383? Check out our SB1383 FAQs.
Read the Spring/Summer 2023 issue of The LB Recycler now!
Do you have questions about the recycling?
Email us at email@example.com
All PDF materials available for download are available for translation upon request. Please submit a request by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Paint, compact fluorescent light (CFL) bulbs, and batteries are hazardous and cannot be placed in your normal trash or recycling. Safe Disposal Info