Mandatory RecyclingUnder California State Law AB 341, apartment owners/managers of buildings with 5 or more units are required to provide recycling service to their tenants. The City of Long Beach has a goal for all apartment buildings to have recycling service.
- If your building has City-serviced trash collection and you would like to request recycling service, you can submit a request online or contact us at (562) 570-2876. Recycling service is included with all City-serviced accounts.
- If you have a private hauler for your trash collection, contact them to set up recycling service for your building.
Increase Recycling Success
Give new tenants a copy of the recycling guidelines when they move in.
Help Tenants Schedule Special Collection Pickups
- Inform your tenants how to dispose of bulky items.
- If you have City service, contact us to request a special collection by calling (562) 570-2876 or submit a Special Collection Request form online. Work with your tenants to o coordinate a special collection for bulky items. Visit our Special Collection 101 page to learn more.
- If you have a private hauler, contact them to set up a special collection.
- Hazardous waste collection is available at no additional cost for all Long Beach residents at drop-off locations in the City.
Mandatory Organics Recycling
Under California State Law AB 1826, apartment and condominium buildings with 5 or more units and that have four yards of solid waste (which includes trash and recycling) or more per week are required to have organics recycling services for green waste, yard waste, and uncontaminated wood waste. If you do not have this material or you have a landscaper that takes the material away for you, contact your hauler to report this.