Long Beach Buys
The City of Long Beach transitioned to a new procurement platform Long Beach Buys! All new solicitations will be posted on Long Beach Buys.
You can register for Long Beach Buys here, setup your account, and get familiar with the system! Registration is free for all vendors and is required in order to respond to opportunities with the City. We are excited about the new possibilities and hope you will join us on our new platform.
To report issues with Long Beach Buys use THIS LINK
Click here for troubleshooting and FAQ
For assistance, contact the Purchasing Division:
Phone: (562) 570-6200, or
Doing Business with the City Webinar
Join the City of Long Beach for information on how to do business with the City, held every Third Thursday of the month on Zoom. The event will feature an overview of contracting processes, a look at Long Beach Buys, the City's online procurement platform, information on business licensing, and a chance to ask questions of City staff.
Learn how to register on Long Beach Buys!
Long Beach Buys Resource Guides
|NIGP Commodity Codes
Long Beach Buys Video Guides
Register a Profile
Maintain Business Profile
|Maintain User Profile
Create a Proposal/Quote
|Create a Proposal/Quote
|Create a Proposal/Quote
|Find an Opportunity||Amend a Proposal
|| Information Webinar
10% Local Preference
Adopted by City Council, a bid from a Long Beach vendor for furnishing materials, equipment, supplies and non-professional services shall be reduced by 10%. In no case shall the maximum preference under this section exceed $10,000 for any bid. View more details.Small Business Enterprise Program
HUD Section 3 Program
Small Business Insurance
The City of Long Beach is pleased to announce an agreement with Alliant Insurance Services to provide a low-cost insurance alternative aimed at assisting small business enterprises in meeting the City's insurance requirements for bidding on small, low risk projects for the City and Port of Long Beach.
Coverage is bound for City and Port projects only (not all work performed by the vendor/contractor). This program has low premiums, low deductibles and many pre-approved classes, which expedites contract issuance. If you are interested in participating in this program you must contact Alliant Insurance Services directly.
Small Business Bonding Assistance
The US Small Business Administration (SBA) can guarantee bonds for contracts up to $2 million, covering bid, performance and payment bonds for small and emerging contractors who cannot obtain surety bonds through regular commercial channels. Link to SBA Surety Bond Guarantee website.
Visit BizPort, the City's online business portal for support to plan, launch, and grow your business
The Long Beach Public Library has many programs and services to help businesses. Many resources are available at the Main Library and online through the Digital Library.
Purchase Order General Conditions
These are the general conditions attached to every purchase order issued by the City.
All vendors that have received a purchase order from the City of Long Beach are now required to have a W-9 form on file with the Dept of Financial Management. Link to our instructions and to the IRS website for the form.
Accounts Payable Section
Accounts Payable Section of the Accounting Bureau.
Vendors with questions about non-payment of invoices older than 30 days should contact the ordering department (contact information is indicated on Purchase Order).
The acceptance of gifts by City employees is prohibited by the Ethics Handbook guidelines. Suppliers are requested to cooperate in this regard by not making such offers to City employees.
Standards of Purchasing Practice
- To regard public service as a sacred trust, giving primary consideration to the interests of the public agency that employs us.
- To purchase without prejudice, seeking to obtain the maximum value for each dollar expended.
- To avoid unfair practices, giving all qualified vendors equal opportunity.
- To honor our obligations and require that obligations to our public agency be honored.
- To accord vendor representatives courteous treatment, remembering that these representatives are important sources of information and assistance in solving our purchasing needs.
- To refuse to accept any form of commercial bribery, and prevent any appearance of so doing.
- To be receptive to counsel from our colleagues, and to cooperate with them to promote a spirit of teamwork and unity.
- To conduct ourselves with fairness and dignity, and to demand honesty and truth in the purchasing process.
- To strive for greater knowledge of purchasing methods and of the materials we purchase.
- To cooperate with all organizations and individuals involved in activities designed to enhance the development of the purchasing profession, remembering that our actions reflect on the entire purchasing profession
We subscribe to these standards.
Our Mission: To provide City departments with quality and cost-effective
products and services at a fair, competitive price in a timely manner.