Street Sweeping Changes
Beginning the week of March 21, 2016, the City of Long Beach will commence phase 1 of street sweeping changes that will improve the quality of life for residents, particularly in parking impacted neighborhoods. Phase 1 changes will include eliminating early morning (4 am – 8 am) street sweeping hours in most neighborhoods. Subsequent phases will include negating conflict with trash pickup days and reducing parking restrictions from four hours to two hours.
Check Signs First
Residents are advised to check surrounding signs if they are parking in the affected area. The affected area is bounded by Alamitos to the east, Pacific Coast Highway to the north, Ocean and Livingston to the south, and Park Avenue and Termino Avenue to the west.
The below maps are for general information only. Posted signs will always take precedence. The proposed times take into effect only when the signs have changed.
Summary of Significant Changes
to be rolled out over approximately one year will include the following:
• Elimination of all 4:00 am to 5:00 am parking restrictions citywide.
• Elimination of most 4:00 am to 6:00 am parking restrictions in Downtown Long Beach south of Anaheim Street (exceptions include areas around schools).
• In the areas identified as parking-impacted, all routes are moved to a two-hour window (with the exception of 7th street and schools).
• Ocean Boulevard, Broadway, Anaheim Street, and 7th Street are the only major corridors in the Phase 1 parking impacted area that are swept earlier than 8:00 am (due to driver safety reasons). Ocean Boulevard from Cherry to Park will move to 6:00 am to 8:00 am (like Broadway). Alamitos Avenue from Ocean to Anaheim will move to 6:00 am to 8:00 am.
• The most parking-impacted neighborhoods in the City (in the area bordered by Alamitos Avenue, Cherry Avenue, Ocean Boulevard and 7th Street now all have two-hour windows that start after 9:00 am.