Social Media Terms of Service
The City of Long Beach, California created social media pages to provide people who live and work in Long Beach, visitors or others with an interest in the City of Long Beach, access to information from, and a platform with which to interact, with the City of Long Beach.
Before posting or submitting content on the City of Long Beach social media pages, please review these terms:
- A posting or any other submission on this page constitutes acceptance of these terms.
- The posts and comments expressed on this site by the members of the public do not reflect the opinions or endorsements of the City of Long Beach, its officers or employees. The City of Long Beach does not claim or assert any ownership interest in any of the material posted here by the public, but by your posting or submission of any materials on this site, you are granting the City a royalty free, non-exclusive and perpetual license to display it on this site and, in the City’s sole discretion.
- “Liking” or other connections between the City of Long Beach and another person/organization does not imply endorsement of that person/organization or that person/organization’s actions or comments.
- This page is administered by the City of Long Beach through the City Manager’s Office, but the content on this site is not entirely controlled by the City. The City does not retain any social media content. All social media sites that the City participates with are owned and operated by third party entities not affiliated with the City of Long Beach. The City of Long Beach does not endorse any link or advertisements placed on this site by the social media site or its vendors or partners.
- The City of Long Beach reserves the right to remove comments and/or block anyone who posts inappropriate or offensive material on this site, as determined by the City of Long Beach.
- The City of Long Beach has the right at all times to disclose any information to satisfy any applicable law, regulation, legal process or governmental request; and to edit, refuse to post or to remove or to store any information or materials posted here. All information posted to the City of Long Beach’s social media sites shall be deemed a public record which the City will disclose without any prior notice to you.
- The City of Long Beach does not accept any statutory notice required to be given to the City of Long Beach by any law, regulation or contract on social media websites. All such notices shall be provided and delivered to the City in the manner described by applicable law, regulation or contract.
The City of Long Beach requires all comments remain “on topic” and stick to the subject matter of the original post. Comments not meeting these criteria may be removed.
The City of Long Beach reserves the right to remove without notice any comments or submissions that it deems to be inappropriate or offensive, including but not limited to comments or submissions that:
- Defame, abuse, harass, stalk, threaten or violate the legal rights of others.
- Include sexual content, profanity, vulgarity, obscenity, racism, hatred, slander, threats and/or violence.
- Include personal attacks, defamatory attacks, or comments disparaging an individual or group based on ethnicity, race, gender, religion, age, disability or sexual orientation.
- Promote specific commercial entities, causes, products, candidates for office or political organizations.
- Contain spam or advertisements.
- Contain personal information about another person or that violate a person’s privacy. · Include material having intellectual property rights, including copyrights, trademarks or any other propriety property that belongs to another person or organization.
- Contain links to inappropriate websites, or links that do not directly relate to City services, issues, news and events. · Promote illegal activity.
- Compromise public safety or operations, contravene law, or are disruptive or factually inaccurate.
- Include personal attacks, defamatory attacks, or any type of comment that is non-constructive, hateful, spiteful or insulting.
Contact the City of Long Beach:
If you have any questions or comments, or for more information about these terms, please feel free to contact:
City Manager's Office
City of Long Beach
411 W. Ocean Blvd.
Long Beach, CA 90802