- City Officials
Opening a Business
Doing Business With The City
- LBDS Home
- About Us
- Resources & Forms
- Programs & Projects
Housing & Neighborhood Services
Applications & Forms
Forms & Applications
Development Services provides a number of planning and building services. Below is a list of forms and applications that may be downloaded online.
If you have questions about a building permit, please call our office at (562) 570-5237.
For questions regarding planning/zoning, please call the Planning Bureau at (562) 570-6194.
Please be advised that all Planning and Building & Safety Bureau applications, forms, and other documents that need to be mailed or returned, should be sent or delivered to the new City Hall address at 411 W. Ocean Boulevard, 2nd Floor, Long Beach, CA 90802.
- Planning Permit Application: This application is used for discretionary permits and/or entitlements like CUPs, AUPs, Standards Variances, etc.
- Categorical Exemption Form: Typically required for standards variance, lot line adjustment, coastal permits & administrative use permits.
- Conditional Use Permit Exemption (CUPEx) for Alcohol Sales: For qualifying alcohol sales applications only.
- Fee Schedule
- Appeal Form: Required form to appeal a decision of the Site Plan Review Committee, Cultural Heritage Commission, Zoning Administrator, or Planning Commission.
- Coastal Permit Categorical Exemption (CPCE) Application
- Fair Housing Reasonable Accommodation Request Form
- General Plan Conformance Application
- Landscape Standards Checklist - Performance
- Landscape Standards Checklist - Prescriptive
- Lot Line Adjustment
- Lot Merger Filing Requirements
- Promotional Sign (Banner) Application
- Subdivision Map Special Filing Requirements: Additional filing requirements for tentative maps & condominium conversions.
- Wireless Telecommunications Facility 10-year Review/Renewal Application
- Wireless Telecommunications Permit Application
- Zoning Confirmation Letter ("Rebuild Letter") Application
- Condo Conversion Certificate of Exclusion Requirements: Filing requirements for conversion of a community apartment or stock cooperative project to condominiums (not for conversion of a rental building to condos).
- Condo Conversion Packet: Starting point for information and requirements on condo conversions.
- Condo Conversion - Tenant Notices
- Tenant Relocation Program Application
- Tenant Relocation Program Application (Spanish)
- Tenant Relocation Program Income Info
Uses in the public right-of-way, such as sidewalk dining and parklets, can provide a variety of opportunities for outdoor spaces to activate the streetscape, improve the pedestrian experience, and support local businesses and employment.
In accordance with Chapter 14.14 (Occupation of Public Walkways) of the Long Beach Municipal Code, a Public Walkways Occupancy Permit (PWOP), issued by the Department of Public Works, is required for all uses proposed in the public right-of-way. Additionally, Chapter 14.14 requires that all uses be designed to meet the intent of the Sidewalk Dining Parklets Handbook. The handbook has been created to provide clear direction and the essential information needed to get started on your own sidewalk dining or parklet project. The handbook also outlines the permitting process on page 34. Download the application forms.
For additional information, please call the City of Long Beach Department of Public Works at (562) 570-5938.
- Address Assignment Application
- Appointment Plan Check Acknowledgement and Verification Form: Required form to request Appointment Plan Check.
- Building Moving Permit Application
- Common Property Line Wall/Fence Agreement
- Construction & Demolition Management Plan
- California Licensed Contractors Declaration and Owner-Builder's Declaration
- Request for Expedited Plan Check Form
- Fence or Curb Cut Diagram
- Lid Observation Report
- Medical Marijuana Facilities Checklist & Requirements
- Owner/Builder/Contractor Permit Proxy Form: Used by agent/representative in the absence of the Owner/Builder/Contractor
- Development Permit Application: This application is used for building, fire, health, electrical, mechanical, plumbing, and sign permits.
- PhotoVoltaic Checklist
- Plan Duplication Forms
- Plot Plan Form
- Precise Grading Certification
- Predevelopment Meeting Request
- Registered Deputy Daily Inspection Report
- Request for Refund of Development Fees Form
- Residential Electric Vehicle Charger Checklist
- Sewer Capacity Fee Acknowledgement Form
- Sewer Capacity Fee Acknowledgement Form (Douglas Park)
- Special Deputy Inspector Application
- Structural Observation Report
- Temporary Utilities Release Application
- CALGreen Addition & Alteration Non-Residential Review
- Consolidated Plan Submittal List: This form is used for Planning, Building, Fire, Health, Electrical, Mechanical, Plumbing, and Signs plan submittals.
- Form - GRN-01 Storm Water Pollution Control
- Form - GRN-02 VOC Content Checklist
- Form - GRN-03 Formaldehyde Emissions Checklist
- Form - GRN-05 Non-Resident Mandatory Checklist
- Form - VOC and Formaldehyde Limits
- Form - WS-01 Baseline Water Use
- Form - WS-02 Base Water Use
- LB CALGreen - Non-Residential Review List
- LB CALGreen - Residential Application Checklist
- LB CALGreen - Residential Review List
- Plan Review - Commercial Accessibility Checklist
- Plan Review - Commercial Plan Review Checklist
- Plan Review - Electrical Checklist
- Plan Review - Energy Efficiency Checklist
- Plan Review - Energy Nonresidential Review
- Plan Review - Energy Residential Review
- Plan Review - Fire Checklist - 13-D
- Plan Review - Fire Checklist - Fire Alarm
- Plan Review - Fire Checklist - Group A
- Plan Review - Fire Checklist - Group B
- Plan Review - Fire Checklist - Group M
- Plan Review - Grading and Retaining Wall Checklist
- Plan Review - Mechanical Checklist
- Plan Review - Multi-Family Checklist
- Plan Review - One and Two Family Checklist
- Plan Review - Plumbing Checklist
- Plan Review - Residential Accessibility Checklist
- Plan Review - Structural Design General Checklist
- Plan Review - Supplemental Accessibility No 1 (Elevator Lula and Platform lifts)
- Plan Review - Supplemental Accessibility No 2 (Signs)
- Plan Review - Supplemental Accessibility No 3 (Restaurants)
- Plan Review - Supplemental Accessibility No 4 (Assembly)
- Plan Review - Supplemental Accessibility No 5 (Group B and Group M Occupancies)
- Plan Review - Supplemental Accessibility No 6 (Transient Lodging)
- Plan Review - Supplemental Accessibility No 7 (Misc Facilities)
- Plan Review - Supplemental Accessibility No 8 (Recreational Facilities)
- Plan Review - Supplemental Accessibility No 9 (Public Housing)
- Plan Review - Supplemental Accessibility No. 10 (EV Charging Stations)
- Residential Sprinkler System (NFPA 13D)
- Unreasonable Hardship Application: Exception to Disabled Access Requirements
- Affidavit Recordation Instructions
- Covenant and Agreement Maintenance of Building
- Covenant and Agreement Maintenance of No Build Easement
- Covenant and Agreement Maintenance of Oversized Building
- Covenant and Agreement Maintenance of SUSMP
- Covenant and Agreement Maintenance of Uncertified Fill
- Covenant and Agreement Recordation of Technical Documents
- Covenant and Agreement Termination
- Covenant and Agreement Onsite LID BMP Maintenance
- Request Hearing to Appeal Administrative Citation
- Advance Deposit Hardship Waiver
- Board of Examiners, Appeals, and Condemnation Hearing Application
- Construction & Demolition Debris Recycling Program
- Grading Permit Cash Bond for Faithful Performance
- Grading Permit Surety Bond for Faithful Performance
- National Flood Insurance Program
- Request for Lead Paint Testing
- Notice of Sandblasting
- Original Contractors License Application: Link will take you to www.cslb.ca.gov for more information.
- Special Inspection Request
|M:||7:30 AM - 4:30 PM|
|T:||7:30 AM - 4:30 PM|
|W:||8:30 AM - 4:30 PM|
|TH:||7:30 AM - 4:30 PM|
|F:||7:30 AM - 4:30 PM|