- City Officials
Opening a Business
Doing Business With The City
- LBDS Home
- About Us
- Resources & Forms
- Programs & Projects
Housing & Neighborhood Services
Applications & Forms
Internet Permitting Requests Application Instructions
If you are a California licensed contractor who frequently performs simple construction projects in Long Beach, you may be eligible for our Internet Permitting Request service. Being registered with this service allows you to apply for necessary permits online, for simple projects such as water heater replacements, electrical service, heating upgrades, window replacements, and re-roofing. Applying will require a one-time, in-person registration.
The Internet Permitting Request service is available to California Licensed Contractors who frequently perform simple construction projects in Long Beach. Examples of simple projects are water heater replacements, electrical service or heating upgrades, window replacements, re-roof, etc.
The following information will aid you in submitting your application for Internet Permitting Request services. Applying will require a one-time, in-person registration.
- Please bring the following items to the Development Permit Center located at Long Beach City Hall, 411 West Ocean Boulevard, 2nd Floor, to register:
- The completed and signed Internet Permitting Request Application form.1
- The completed and signed CA Licensed Contractor's Declaration form.1
- A copy of the Licensed Contractor’s current driver license. 1
- Once the application is approved, a processing fee (in accordance with the City's current Fee Schedule) will need to be paid. Please note that an additional fee may be charged to create a new account, even if the Contractor remains the same.
- Once the application is approved, you will be provided with a unique personal identification number (PIN) that will allow you to submit a permit application online. Your PIN must be provided each time a permit is requested.
- Please allow one to two (1-2) business days for processing your permit application. Staff will make every effort to ensure that the Permitting Request is processed promptly.
- Please contact cashiering within 2-3 days after submitting permit application at 562-570- PAID (562-570-7243) to pay by credit card over the phone. Payment can be made by cash or check at: 411 W. Ocean Blvd. 2nd Fl., Long Beach, Ca 90802.
1 Documents must be signed by the Licensed Contractor; however, if an Applicant is submitting documents as an Authorized Agent, an authorization letter signed by the Licensed Contractor must be provided along with a copy of the Licensed Contractor’s driver license to verify his/her signature.
Development Permit Center
|M:||7:30 AM - 4:30 PM|
|T:||7:30 AM - 4:30 PM|
|W:||8:30 AM - 4:30 PM|
|TH:||7:30 AM - 4:30 PM|
|F:||7:30 AM - 4:30 PM|