City Loan Programs
Need capital to launch or grow your business? The City of Long Beach manages multiple loan programs that can help to get your business off the ground or help take your business to the next level.
Kiva Loan Program
- Partnership between The City of Long Beach and The Los Angeles Local Initiatives Support Corporation (LA LISC)
- 0% interest with up to 36 month repayment period
- Borrow between $500 and $10,000 through a crowdfunded loan program
- LA LISC will match loan contributions made to Long Beach based businesses who have been endorsed by a Trustee
Visit Kiva Long Beach for more information.
Microenterprise Loan Program
- Starts at $25,000 for startup and existing businesses with five or fewer employees
- Fixed rate: prime rate plus 1.5%
- Funds can be used to finance equipment, fixtures and furniture, and working capital
- Borrower must create one full-time job for every $35,000 borrowed
Grow Long Beach Fund
- Partnership between the City of Long Beach and National Development Council Grow America Fund
- Between $100,000 to $2 million available for businesses that have been operating in Long Beach for at least two years
- Fixed rate: based on current prime rate
- Term: 3 – 25 years
- Loans underwritten by National Development Council and guaranteed by the Small Business Administration
- Business must be a for-profit entity
- Funds can be used for any legitimate business expense (construction, tenant improvements, equipment, working capital, etc.)
For more information, please contact Seyed Jalali, Economic Development Officer, at Seyed.Jalali@longbeach.gov.