YOUTH CLIMATE AMBASSADOR PROGRAM
The City of Long Beach is implementing its first Climate Action and Adaptation Plan (CAAP) and invites Youth Climate Ambassadors to be a part of the process. The CAAP will help to reduce greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions, prepare the community for the impacts of climate change, improve the quality of life, and enhance economic vitality in Long Beach.
Youth Climate Ambassadors who are passionate about climate action and environmental justice in Long Beach are encouraged to apply. Climate Ambassadors will support various climate projects to address issues such as extreme heat, air quality, and climate resilience with the City of Long Beach. Through this 10-week paid program, Climate Ambassadors will gain a better understanding of climate action and adaptation in Long Beach and work directly with the Long Beach community.
The 10-week Program will take place from March 28 to June 1, 2022. The applications were due March 6th, 2022 at 12:00pm.
- Live in Long Beach
- Age (16-24)
- Have access to a computer and Wi-Fi (significant portion of program will be virtual)
- People of diverse academic experiences and social backgrounds are encouraged to apply
- Residents from SB 535 communities are strongly encouraged to apply
- Interest and/or experience in environmentalism, social justice, and/or public affairs
- Hourly wage ($15) / 10-15 hours per week / 10-week program
- Attend weekly meetings, trainings, and service projects (hybrid remote, at Willow Springs Park outdoor classroom, and other City locations TBD)
- Complete an Impact Project involving local community in climate initiatives
- Use informal and formal community relationships and networks to cultivate partnerships to increase outreach
- Assist in climate projects and workshops by researching, sourcing, and coordinating resources required to implement the workshops
- Assist with the development and facilitation of culturally relevant curriculum to present to communities including discussions and educational workshops that engage community members in local advocacy and climate action
- Community outreach with partner organizations, volunteers, and supporters regarding logistics and awareness of projects
- Engage in social media development and promotion
- Enthusiasm for climate action and active participation in the program!
Applications were due Sunday, March 6, 2022 at 12:00pm.
For any questions please reach out to Larry.Rich@longbeach.gov.