How You Can Help
For a truly sustainable and resilient city, we all need to work together to strengthen our neighborhoods and reduce our impact on the environment. Here are some ways you can help at home and in your community.
Change Starts at Home
- This flyer provides tips on how to make your home more sustainable and resilient
- You can recycle more than you think! Learn what to throw out and what to recycle
- Safely dispose of hazardous waste and e-waste (it’s free!)
- Request a used oil collection from Long Beach Recycles
Take Advantage of City Resources
- The Office of Sustainability provides free mulch for your garden
- Empty parkway? Sustainability staff will plant a tree
- Organize a neighborhood cleanup, Neighborhood Services can provide resources to help
Be A Good Neighbor: Volunteer!
- Participate in sustainable events: local food, neighborhood cleanups, tree plantings and more!
- Volunteer at El Dorado Nature Center
- Volunteer with the Aquarium of the Pacific
- Volunteer at Rancho Los Cerritos
- Volunteer at Rancho Los Alamitos