GENERAL INFORMATION ABOUT BLOCK PARTIES
What is a Block Party?
A Block Party is a one day (1) residential street closure permit issued with the intent to allow neighbors from the community to meet and come together. Bands, DJ's, Jumpers, slides, and moon bounces are not allowed on the street or sidewalk. The Block Party application must be submitted ten (10) days in advance of your scheduled event and is for public right of way only and does not allow for activities on private property.
Streets may NOT be barricaded mid-block or half way down, they must be cordoned off from either corner to corner or if applicable corner to alleyway.
Hours of a Block Party:
Regular Block Party Permits will only be issued for between 7:00 AM to 10:00 PM on the day of the event, which includes set-up and tear down.
Holiday and Holiday Weekend Block Party Permits will only be issued for between 7:00 AM to 7:00 PM on the day of the event, which includes set-up and tear down. No Block Party Permits will be issued for December 31.
Block Party Permit Requirements:
- Completed application
- Site Map which must include the blocked area showing barricade placement, alleys, cul-de-sacs, or any other public areas specific to your proposed closure.
- Residential Signature Survey forms. All Block Party / Street Closure applicants must use the attached Resident Signature Survey Form. Applications received with any other forms will not be accepted. Each resident/address must have their own separate form. A 66% approval is required within the proposed blocked area.
- Barricade Rental Confirmation: barricades MUST be rented through a City of Long Beach authorized vendor (see attached list). Proof of barricade rental is required prior to issuing a block party permit.
Checks made payable to the City of Long Beach.
- $100 | A non-refundable application / permit fee (cash, check or money order) payable upon submission of Application.
- $42 | per hour for Special Events Staff to monitor your event (If deemed necessary).