Home » Redistricting » How to Get Involved

How to Get Involved

Participate During the Independent Redistricting Commission Meetings

The Commission will hold meetings where members of the public can provide Public Comment during the meeting, or electronically prior to the meeting. You can find out more about upcoming Commission meetings by visiting our Agendas and Meeting Videos page.

Any members of the community who would like to utilize the services of a translator pursuant to the City's Language Access Policy or accommodation pursuant to the American Disabilities Act shall have double the allotted speaking time. To request a translator for public comment, please call the Office of the City Clerk at 562-570-6101 to request a translator. A Spanish and Khmer translator will be available at all Commission meetings.


All members of the community, regardless of citizenship status, can also provide input to the Commission electronically through the following methods:

In Writing

All members of the community, regardless of citizenship status, can mail paper documents or a printed copy of the Community of Interest form to:

Office of the City Clerk
411 W. Ocean Blvd.
Long Beach, CA 90802

If you have questions regarding these procedures, please contact the Office of the City Clerk by phone at (562) 570-6101 or by email at cityclerk@longbeach.gov.

Submit your Community of Interest Form

Use your voice to help the Commission create a list of Communities of Interest by submitting a form today!