Long Beach, CA - In addition to the standard closure of City of Long Beach facilities and services for select holidays, additional City services and resources enacted for COVID-19 response also will close in observance of Independence Day.
The City facilities and services listed below will adhere to the following schedule on Friday, July 3, 2020. City Hall remains closed to the public until further notice.
Closed on Friday, July 3:
- Animal Care Services and spcaLA*
- Career Transition Center*
- Center for Working Families*
- City Hall*
- Citizen Police Complaint Commission
- Code Enforcement services (Venue Task Force will continue to operate throughout the weekend)
- Fire Headquarters, Support Services, Fire Prevention, & Operations, including Marine Safety Administration
- Health Department and Health facilities
- Housing Authority
- Neighborhood Resource Center*
- The WorkPlace, Youth Opportunity Center & Pacific Gateway Administrative Office*
- Park offices and community park facilities*
- Street Sweeping
- Towing and Lien Sales
- Water Department (Water or Sewer Emergencies: 562.570.2390)
Open on Friday, July 3, with modified operations:
*Indicates City facilities and services currently operating under modified operations until further notice as a result of COVID-19 physical distancing restrictions.
- Fire Stations and Lifeguard Stations
- El Dorado Regional Park* (for active recreation use only; no gatherings or group sports permitted)
- Main Police Station Front Desk
- Marina offices (Alamitos Bay Marina, Shoreline Marina)*
- Refuse and Recycling Collection (offices will be closed but refuse and recycling will be collected as usual)
- Gas Services Dispatch is open 24/7 for emergency calls 562.570.2140
Open on Friday, July 3 and closed on Saturday, July 4:
- El Dorado Nature Center*
- Swimming pools*
City Hall closed public access on March 18 and will remain closed until further notice. Residents are encouraged to utilize online services during this time.
There will be no scheduled street sweeping or enforcement of street sweeping violations on Friday, July 3.
Read your parking meter: Parking meters will be enforced on Saturday, July 4, unless the meter states "Exempt on Holidays." The days and hours of enforcement are displayed inside the meters.
Trash and Recycling will be collected as scheduled on Friday, July 3.
Towing and Lien Sales
The Towing Operations & Vehicle Storage Facility that is located at 3111 E. Willow St. between Temple Avenue and Redondo Avenue will be closed on Friday, July 3 and Saturday, July 4. Normal business hours are:
Vehicles and property are available for release outside of the hours listed above for an additional fee. More information can be found online.
- Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Saturday, 8 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Closed Sundays and holidays
All Long Beach Public Libraries closed to the public on March 18 and will remain closed until further notice. Contactless pick-up, available at select locations, will not be available on Friday, July 3, or Saturday, July 4. Library patrons are encouraged to make use of LBPL’s vast collection of digital resources, including the library catalog, downloads and databases, available 24/7. The library’s phone line (562.570.7500), which is usually available from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. Tuesdays through Saturdays, will be closed on Friday, July 3, and Saturday, July 4, in observance of the holiday.
City services and resources for COVID-19 response holiday weekend closures:
- All beaches, including bike and pedestrian paths, are closed from July 3 through July 6. See details in the City’s press release.
- Testing will take place from 3 p.m. to 5 p.m. Friday, July 3, at Jordan High School (6500 Atlantic Ave.) and from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. on July 3 at Cabrillo High School (2001 Santa Fe Ave.). All other city-run COVID-19 testing sites in Long Beach will be closed on Friday, July 3. All City testing sites will be closed July 4 and 5. The City has added extra testing slots in the days leading up to the holiday weekend, as well as throughout next week, in order to meet the demand for testing.
- The Rapid Assessment Clinic (RAC) will be closed Friday, July 3, through Sunday, July 5.
- The Joint Information Center (media) and INFO Hotline (community) will be closed on Friday, July 3.
Media inquiries can be directed to the Joint Information Center at 562.570.6397 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
For the latest information on COVID-19, with details on all that the City of Long Beach is doing to keep our residents safe, visit:longbeach.gov/COVID19 and follow @LongBeachCity on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.