Currently accepting Police Recruit Applications.
Currently accepting Police Officer Lateral Applications.
LONG BEACH POLICE DEPARTMENT DRUG POLICY
The Long Beach Police Department hiring standard concerning drug usage is as follows:
- Marijuana - any use of marijuana in the last two years will result in disqualification from the current hiring process. This is not a life-time disqualification; just until a two-year period of no marijuana use has passed.
- Other illegal drug use (other than marijuana or hard drugs listed below) in the last three years will result in disqualification from the current hiring process. This is not a life-time disqualification; just until a three-year period of no illegal drug use has passed.
- No use of hallucinogens LSD and Mushrooms within the last 10 years
- Certain hallucinogenic drugs (PCP, Bath Salts, etc.) and illegal intravenous drugs (heroin, methamphetamine, etc.) are an automatic disqualification from this process. This is a life-time ban.
All other drug use will be assessed on a case-by-case basis and a determination will be made based on the applicant's overall qualifications.
LONG BEACH POLICE DEPARTMENT TATTOO POLICY
- No tattoos may be visible while wearing the police uniform (this includes during the recruit training at the academy). Visible tattoos on the neck, face, head, tongue, lips, scalp, or hands are not authorized. A single-band tattooed ring, on one finger, on one hand, is authorized and does not require covering.
- Any tattoo, scarification, or brand, regardless of its location, depicting offensive, racist, hateful, illegal, sexually explicit acts, or other obscene material; advocates discrimination; depicts gang, supremacist, or extremist group affiliation is not permitted.
- No intentional body modifications (scarifications, enlarged piercings, abnormal shaping of the eyes, nose, ears and teeth, etc.) are permitted to be visible while in uniform. Body modification that is not visible while in uniform will be decided on a case-by-case basis.
- Tattoos that extend below the elbow can be covered by a compression sleeve similar in color to the uniform shirt being worn. Tattoos smaller than a 3-inch square on the arm or leg can be covered with one adhesive patch of a color as close to the employee’s skin color as reasonably available.
Request information from a Long Beach Police Recruiter.
SPEAK WITH A RECRUITER
(Do not call for an emergency response)
EMAIL A RECRUITER:
SCHEDULE A RIDE-ALONG:
Submit a Request Online
Public Safety Building
400 W. Broadway
Long Beach, CA 90802
Follow us on Social Media: