L.B.P.D. Evidence Submission Portal
The Long Beach Police Department (LBPD) launched an online portal seeking the public’s help to receive photo and video evidence of criminal activity that occurred during the May 31 demonstrations and subsequent recent incidents of civil unrest.
The portal allows the public to easily submit photos and videos straight from their mobile device. Users must enter their phone number to submit their entry, a requirement to preserve the integrity of the evidence submitted. Users are not required to submit their name or date of birth, so entries may be made anonymously.
The LBPD is looking for evidence from recent civil unrest containing:
- Criminal activity such as: Looting, vandalism, arson, burglary or assault
- Clear or partially-clear visuals of:
- Suspect descriptions
- Identifiable clothing/accessories
- Vehicle license plates and/or vehicle descriptions
- Identifiable locations and approximate times of occurrence
Members of the public can follow the instructions below to submit evidence:
- Access the portal
- Enter your phone number (required)
- A private text message will be sent with an upload link
- Upload photos/videos and click “Done”
- Insert description of the submitted evidence in the “Add an Additional Caption” information field. Example: Looting on 3rd St. & Pine Ave.
- Questions or additional information can be submitted to: LBPDCrimeInfo@longbeach.gov.
Once received, evidence will be reviewed and assigned to the appropriate investigative detail for further review. All attempts will be made to link the submitted evidence to current crime reports and investigations.
To report a crime not associated with the civil unrest or demonstration, please call the non-emergency number at (562) 435-6711 or 9-1-1 for emergencies. Crime reports for non-violent crimes can also be filed online.