Be S.A.F.E – Summer Activities in a Friendly Environment
Be S.A.F.E.” (Summer Activities in a Friendly Environment) is a program that supports neighborhoods by extending free supervision hours at designated parks during the evening and employing neighborhood youth. Be S.A.F.E. offers arts and crafts, outdoor games, sports, science activities, computer labs and more. By keeping selected parks activated in the evening hours, residents have many options for recreation and spending time together.
In summer 2023 the program was offered Monday through Friday, from June 20 through August 25, from 5 - 8 p.m. at the following sites:
- Admiral Kidd Park, 2125 Santa Fe Ave.
- Bixby Park, 130 Cherry Ave.
- Drake Park, 951 Maine Ave.
- Houghton Park, 6301 Myrtle Ave.
- Martin Luther King Jr. Park, 1950 Lemon Ave.
- Orizaba Park, 1435 Orizaba Ave.
- Pan American Park, 5157 E. Centralia St.
- Ramona Park, 3301 E. 65th St.
- Scherer Park, 4600 Long Beach Blvd.
- Seaside Park, 14th St. at Chestnut Ave.
- Silverado Park, 1545 W. 31st St.
Free Be S.A.F.E. movie showings took place at Long Beach parks this summer, made possible by sponsorship from the Port of Long Beach.
Visit this page in May 2024 for program sites, days, times, and activities.