Mobile Recess Program
The free Mobile Recess Program will continue to be offered through June 18. PRM staff will drive trucks loaded with supplies and equipment to designated neighborhood streets and provide activities for youth ages 5 through 14 (Grades K-8). The streets will be blocked off for safety. Activities include physical fitness and arts and crafts. Space is limited and advance sign-ups are required. All sign-ups are on a first-come, first-served basis.
Registration for these new sessions begins at 10 a.m. on Friday, March 26, in person at the sites or via longbeach.gov/park.
For more information, people may call 562.570.3226. The locations and schedules for the extended Mobile Recess Program are as follows:
Mondays & Wednesdays Sites (3 to 5 p.m.)
- Hellman Street between Orange Avenue and Cerritos Avenue
- 11th Street between Dawson Avenue and St. Louis Avenue
- 67th Way between Orcutt Avenue and Muriel Avenue
Tuesdays & Thursdays Sites (3 to 5 p.m.)
- 17th Street between Henderson Avenue and Chestnut Avenue
- 8th Street between Gladys Avenue and Freeman Avenue
- Jackson Street between Orange Avenue and Walnut Avenue
Friday Sites (3 to 5 p.m.)
- 23rd Street between Cedar Avenue and Chestnut Avenue
- Parade Street between Harbor Avenue and Fashion Avenue
- Burton Way Chace Park in the park space