Community Learning Hubs
The Community Learning Hub Program will continue to offer free sessions through June 18 for distance learning and after-school activities for kindergarten to eighth grade Long Beach Unified School District (LBUSD) students.The free Community Learning Hubs will provide a safe space with high-speed internet for students to complete distance learning assignments during the school day. Youth will also have the option to participate in safe and enriching after-school activities, including academic support, sports, fitness and more.
The Community Learning Hubs will be available weekdays from 7:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. through June 18, 2021 except Spring Break (April 5-9), at the following locations:
- Ernest McBride Park & Cal Rec. Community Center, 1550 Martin Luther King Jr. Ave.
- Houghton Park, 6301 Myrtle Ave.
- Orizaba Park, 1435 Orizaba Ave.
- Veterans Park, 101 E. 28th St.
COVID-19 health and safety protocols will be implemented at all learning hub locations, and participants will be required to wear face coverings and adhere to physical distancing guidelines. Participants must bring their own electronic device and lunch.
Online registration begins at 10 a.m. on March 26, 2021. In-person registration begins on March 26 from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. at each of the camp locations listed above.
In-person program COVID-19 safety protocols include:
- Limiting the number of participants at each event
- Maintaining no larger than 12:1 participant-to-staff ratio
- Implementing physical distancing protocols including check-in and check-out
- Cleaning and sanitizing all high-touch areas frequently
- Requiring face coverings for participants and staff