Travelers can enjoy a pleasant travel experience at Long Beach Airport (LGB) this holiday season. With self-parking just steps away from the terminal, easy access to rideshare drop-off and pick-up points and minimal wait times, Long Beach Airport makes holiday travel easy.
“Flying Long Beach is always great, especially during the holidays,” said Mayor Robert Garcia.
This season, two amenities aim to enhance the travel experience. The new STARS program (Simple Therapy and Real Smiles) provides trained therapy dogs to comfort travelers making their way through the airport. The nine dogs vary in size and breed, from chihuahua-terrier to golden retriever to a labradoodle. LGB also will host its annual LGB Live! Holiday Concert Series featuring local artists performing holiday favorites and more, from 5:30 p.m. to 7:30 p.m. every Thursday and Friday evening through January 20.
“Long Beach Airport strives to provide a pleasant first-class experience for all,” said Airport Director Cynthia Guidry. “For great amenities and convenience, choose Long Beach Airport – where the holidays are easy.”
LGB offers the following tips for travelers for a smooth travel experience:
- Arrive at the airport at least 90 minutes to two hours prior to scheduled departure to ensure adequate time to pass through security, and enjoy award-winning dining options featuring local eateries in the concourse.
- Verify flight schedules and baggage rules with airlines ahead of time.
- Visit https://www.tsa.gov/travel/security-screening/whatcanibring to determine what you can bring in your carry-on and checked baggage before arriving at the airport.
- Use the center median located directly in front of the terminal to access ridesharing services such as Lyft and Uber.
- Adult passengers 18 and over must show valid identification at the airport checkpoint to travel. For more information or in the event you arrive at the airport without identification, visit https://www.tsa.gov/travel/security-screening/identification.
- Request wheelchair assistance by contacting your airline in advance and confirming a day before you travel.
- Download the free LGB Airport app on your Apple or Android devices; the app provides information on arrivals, departures, parking, shopping, dining and more.
Multiple ground transportation options are available at Long Beach Airport:
- A friend or family member can drop travelers off right in front of the terminal. Drivers picking up passengers are encouraged to use the free Cell Phone Waiting Lot, conveniently located on the northwest corner of Lakewood Boulevard and Donald Douglas Drive.
- Valet parking, located just north of the terminal, is available for $24 per day and includes a free car wash.
- Ridesharing services, such as Lyft and Uber, can pick up and drop off passengers at the median curb located directly in front of the terminal.
- Long Beach Yellow Cab offers taxi service at the taxi stand located just outside the terminal.
- Self-parking is available in Structures A and B. The hourly rate is $2 per hour with a maximum of $19 per day at Structure A and $17 per day at Structure B. Electric vehicle charging in Structure B is available at a rate of $2 an hour.
- The Airport Ground Transportation Center, directly across from the terminal building, offers easy access to Avis, Budget, Enterprise, Hertz and National/Alamo car rental services.
- Go green and take the bus. Long Beach Transit has a convenient stop at the airport on Barbara London Drive. Long Beach Transit Bus Routes 102, 104 and 111 all serve LGB. For more information, visit https://ridelbt.com/.
- A variety of shuttles, vans and limousine options are also available on site.