Long Beach Airport
June 2021 Update:
New ID Media Application beginning June 18, 2021
ID Media Application - ID Media Guidelines
Check out our Badging FAQ for information on the badging
application and replacement process, and other frequently asked questions.
Located in the Long Beach Airport Terminal
4100 E. Donald Douglas Dr., Second Floor (North wing)
Email for General Inquiries:
|Email for New AOA or Decal applications:|
In-person Training Appointments:
SIDA Hybrid Training Classes:
Virtual Signatory Training:
Closed to the public
When visiting the office, please remember to sign-in on arrival. Individuals must sign in at least 30 minutes before office closure. If the office is at capacity due to health order requirements or processing availability, applicants will be notified upon arrival. Please provide the appropriate documentation and Identification when requesting service. "Acceptable Forms of ID Guidelines" can be found on our website. Mutilated, laminated, or illegible IDs will not be accepted. Names must match on each ID and be the individual's legal name. Lastly, it is a federal mandate that individuals wear the appropriate face coverings and/or following social distancing protocols when in the Badging Office.
The Badging and Access Control Office will be available Monday- Friday from 8:30-12:00 pm and 1:00- 5:00pm. For more information on any of our services, please call 562-570-2618 or email us at LGBBadging@longbeach.gov.
- New Application drop-offs
- AOA Renewals
- New AOA applicant training and same-day pick-up
- Sterile ID Media training and same-day pick-up
- SIDA pick-up - must have undergone virtual training in order to pick-up SIDA ID Media
- Issuing of Vehicle Decals
- Fingerprinting - Required for New SIDA and Sterile applicants - Bring a completed application and two forms of ID
- Open to new or renewing SIDA or Signatory ID Media holders.
- The appointment allows for a one-on-one training of ID Media Holder responsibilities and same-day pick-up.
- Please call the office for appointment details. Appointments are subject to availability.
- SIDA trainings will now be held as a “hybrid” in-person and online training experience.
- Applicants and renewing SIDA ID Media Holders have the option to join the training session in-person, at the Airport Event Space, to experience a more traditional class-like structure. Those who choose this option will be in a class with several other people, however, they will be properly social distanced and capacity will be limited to current state guidelines. These individuals will receive same-day ID Media pick-up.
- Applicants or renewing SIDA ID Media Holders will continue to have the option to join the class virtually through video conferencing technology. They will, however, need to come during walk-in hours to pick-up their new ID Media.
- Please call the Badging Office to schedule a training appointment.
- Signatory training will continue to be offered virtually.
- Please call to schedule an appointment.
To streamline virtual services, the Badging Office has created a new email address for application submissions. Please use the new email LGBbadgeapps@longbeach.gov for virtual application submissions that meet the following requirements:
- New AOA Applicant
- Sterile or SIDA applicant that has previously had their fingerprints vetted through LGB Airport but has let their ID Media expire
- Vehicle Decal Submissions
- Applicants and Long Beach Airport badge holders are required to bring two (2) valid forms of identification to the Badging Office to conduct fingerprints or any badging transactions (ex. renewals, new application, picking up a new badge, replacement badge & etc.)
- Names must match EXACTLY on all valid forms of identification
- Badges are eligible for renewal up to 60 days prior to badge expiration date.
- Beginning June 18, 2021, individuals may only apply for ID Media using the “ID Media Application” identified by “Form No. 1002” on the bottom left-hand corner of the application.
- For all Part 1544 Air Operators, we will no longer require a CHRC certification letter. The section titled "Signatory Certification and Fingerprint Request" within the application will be replacing the certification letter.
- Applications are valid up to 14 days after Authorized Signatory signs and dates application.
- If authorized date is not filled out by the Authorized Signatory in the signatory authority information section, the application will not be accepted.
- A signed Long Beach Airport Identification Badge Application is required for new, rebadge, replacement badges and all renewals.
PricesSIDA badge: No Fee
Sterile Area badge: No Fee
AOA badge: No Fee
Lost/Stolen badge fee: 1st badge = $150.00, 2nd badge = $200.00, 3rd badge = $250.00 (*Reimbursement for returned Lost/Stolen badges = $100)
From the 405 Freeway: Exit Lakewood Boulevard northbound. Proceed past Spring Street and turn left at the next stop light, Donald Douglas Drive.
From the 91 Freeway: Exit Lakewood Boulevard and proceed southbound approximately four miles. Turn right at Donald Douglas Drive.
View parking information here. (Please bring parking ticket for validation.)
Long Beach Airport uses a Vehicle Identification Decal to identify vehicles authorized to access LGB’s Decal Access Areas.
Decal applicants are welcome to apply during walk-in hours or are encouraged to submit applications digitally to LGBbadgeapps@longbeach.gov.
To apply for a Vehicle Decal, you will need to provide the following:
- Vehicle Decal Application (Form 1009)
- The older version (Form 1008) will not be accepted
- Signatory authorization represented by the signatory’s signature on the application
- Vehicle registration or rental car agreement
- Must provide the registration of each vehicle that needs a decal
Decals are required on any street-legal vehicle with a windshield. If you are unsure if your vehicle needs a decal, please call the Badging Office at 562.570.2618.
The safety and health of those visiting the Badging and Access Control Office is of the highest importance. To ensure the safety of the community, the following measures are being taken to help combat COVID-19 exposure:
- Face coverings are required by applicants and staff
- Social distancing guidelines are in practice
- A hand sanitizer station has been installed outside the office for use by the public
- Training for new applicants is conducted virtually to reduce exposure; and Applications can be submitted via E-mail to reduce face-to-face contact.
*For individuals failing to comply with face covering and social distancing guidelines we reserve the right to deny an individual access to services in the best interest of the staff and public’s health and safety. The individual will be allowed to return to the Badging Office only if they intend to comply with the safety measures put in place.