Architect: Milwaukee Building Company
First built as the summer home of Elizabeth Milbank Anderson, wealthy businesswoman, art collector and philanthropist. This Craftsman mansion with its two story carriage house on a prime site overlooking the ocean bluffs relates architecturally to many of its neighbors in the Bluff Park Historic District. Changins uses over the years include the Club Casa California Real 1926 - 1929; the home of oil entrepreneur Tom O'Donnell 1929 - 1944; Chief Naval Petty Officer's Club during World War II. Purchased by the City in 1950 for a Municipal Art Museum, the interior has been remodeled for this purpose, and the carriage house is a museum shop. Expansion plans approved in 1997 include a new building on the footprint of the carriage house, which will be relocated.