Architect: Kenneth Wing, Sr.
Kenneth Wing’s first major commission was this innovative medical building which provided diverse services, including a hospital, under one roof. The facade is Early Italian Renaissance, but the brick building has a comfortable domestic intimacy. The two-story living room with fireplace and stencilled beamed ceiling was flanked by two interior patios. A two-story addition was built to the west in 1955 and a two-level parking deck was added in 1962. Dr. Harriman Jones came to Long Beach in 1902 and became the City's first Health Officer. He was very active as a civic leader in the early development of Long Beach.