- Any fees calculated should be considered as an approximation of the actual project fees. The scope of the project will be the determining factor as to what fees are applicable. To obtain a more accurate estimate, please visit the Development Permit Center.
- A 4.0% Technology Surcharge and 4% General Plan Surcharge have been added to all applicable fees.
- A processing fee of $95.04 will be added to each Plan Check and Permit application.
- LBUSD Developer Fee Increase - Updated June 1, 2020
- LAUSD Fee Payment Procedure
- City Officials
Opening a Business
Doing Business With The City
- LBDS Home
- About Us
- Resources & Forms
- Programs & Projects
Housing & Neighborhood Services
Applications & Forms
FEES & CHARGES: The City Council has approved changes to the Long Beach Master Fees and Charges Schedule, which is revised on a citywide basis bi-annually. The Development Services Department began implementation of its new schedule on Aug. 2, 2021. The updated schedule contains many changes including increases, decreases, and the complete restructuring of some fees. View the Building & Safety Fee Schedules.
How much should I expect to pay?
For most construction projects, you could expect to spend about 2% of your building costs on plan checks, permits, inspections, and other agency fees.
Building & Safety Bureau
|M:||8:00 AM - 4:00 PM|
|T:||8:00 AM - 4:00 PM|
|W:||9:00 AM - 4:00 PM|
|TH:||8:00 AM - 4:00 PM|
|F:||8:00 AM - 4:00 PM|