- Any fees calculated should be considered as an approximation of the actual project fees. Various fees will apply to your project depending on the nature and scope of the project. To obtain a more accurate estimate, please visit the Development Permit Center.
- A 4.0% Technology Surcharge and 4% General Plan Surcharge have been added to all applicable fees.
- A processing fee of $95.04 will be added to each Plan Check and Permit application.
- LBUSD Developer Fee Increase
- LAUSD Fee Payment Procedure
- City Officials
Opening a Business
Doing Business With The City
- LBDS Home
- About Us
- Schedule Building Inspection
- Building Permits
- Building & Safety Fee Schedule
- Construction Code Resources and Documents
- Construction & Demolition (C&D) Debris Recycling Program
- Deputy Inspector Program
- Online Permits
- Planning Permits
- Planning Fee Schedule
- Project Plan Review and Submittal Service
- Plan Review Status/Permit Status/Records
- Resources & Forms
- Programs & Projects
Housing & Neighborhood Services
Applications & Forms
FEES & CHARGES: The City Council has approved changes to the Long Beach Master Fees and Charges Schedule, which is revised on a citywide basis bi-annually. The Development Services Department began implementation of its new schedule on Aug. 2, 2021. The updated schedule contains many changes including increases, decreases, and the complete restructuring of some fees.
How much should I expect to pay?
For most construction projects, you could expect to spend about 2% of your building costs on plan checks, permits, inspections, and other agency fees.
Building and Safety Bureau
|M:||8:00 AM - 4:00 PM|
|T:||8:00 AM - 4:00 PM|
|W:||9:00 AM - 4:00 PM|
|TH:||8:00 AM - 4:00 PM|
|F:||8:00 AM - 4:00 PM|
The Permit Center is closed daily for lunch from Noon to 1 p.m.