To check the plan review status and progress of a project, you will need to enter the project number into the search field (e.g., BNEW123456). Once you’ve entered the project number, click on the “Submit” button to begin the query of the project. The requested information will be displayed below the search field.
- City Officials
Opening a Business
Doing Business With The City
- LBDS Home
- About Us
- Resources & Forms
- Programs & Projects
Housing & Neighborhood Services
Applications & Forms
Plan Review Status
How Does It Work?
What Does My Project Status Mean?
Your project status will indicate where you are in the project review process. A project starts with the “Submittal” status and eventually concludes with a “Completed” status. The various types of statuses are outlined below.
Application is being screened for completeness, determination of applicable fees, and route to the various agencies required to review the project. Application will proceed to Step 3 (Review) when staff complete the screening process.
Your application is now in the Review step and is awaiting assignment and action by plan review staff.
The specific Review Status will indicate the current result or status of a plan review type. The types of Review Status are as follows:
- Approval Pending: Review is close to an approval pending resolution of some minor comment(s)
- Approved: Review is approved
- Correction Issued: Review is completed, and outstanding comments are issued that need resolution
- Pending: Project review is pending assignment to plan check staff. Project reviews will be assigned in the order they are received. Processing times will vary depending on the number of projects currently ahead.
- Pending Resubmittal/Recheck: Review is pending resubmittal of project back to plan check staff for recheck
Application is considered completed when the construction project is finalized and the project has been completed.
There may be a stop to the progress of a project under certain circumstances. This may occur at any time in any of the steps noted above. Those types of Application Status are as follows:
- Abandoned: Application is abandoned by applicant and is no longer active
- Expired: Application is expired, no progress is made, and project is no longer active
- Locked: Application is locked, no progress will be made until the issue identified is resolved, but is still active
- Hold: Application is placed on Hold due to issue identified but is still active
- Void: Application created in error, closed out and is no longer active