The City's Subdivision Regulations (Title 20 of the Municipal Code), contain the requirements related to the subdivision of land, including tract and parcel maps, lot mergers, lot line adjustments, and condominium conversions.
- City Officials
Opening a Business
Doing Business With The City
- LBCD Home
- About Us
- Building Permits
- Building & Safety Fee Schedule
- Construction Code Resources and Documents
- Deputy Inspector Program
- Online Permits
- Plan Review Status/Permit Status/Records
- Planning Fee Schedule
- Planning Permits
- Program for Building Projects
- Project Plan Review and Submittal Service
- Schedule Building Inspection
- Resources & Forms
- Programs & Projects
Housing & Neighborhood Services
Applications & Forms
The City’s Zoning Code is comprised of both Title 21 and Title 22. Title 22, the Transitional Zoning Code, was adopted by the Long Beach City Council in 2020. Title 22 is being established in order to facilitate a substantial update to the City's Zoning Regulations to make the Zoning Regulations consistent with the City’s 2019 General Plan Update, as required by state law. The intention is to eventually fully transition from Title 21 to Title 22. During the transition period, all regulations contained within Title 22 apply to zones established in Title 22. In the case of a regulation not specified in Title 22, the regulations contained in Title 21, including those set forth in Section 21.10.080, "Penalty for violation," shall apply. If uncertainty arises concerning the content or application of Title 22, the Zoning Administrator is authorized to determine all pertinent facts, interpret the Title 22 regulations, and, where appropriate, determine which provisions of either Title 21 or Title 22 are applicable. The Classification of Use procedure, which is set forth in Chapter 21.25 of Title 21, shall be used to resolve discrepancies.
(ORD-20-0046 § 1(Att. A), 2020)For additional information or assistance, contact the Zoning Information hotline at (562) 570-6194. You can also reference the Zoning and Land Use GIS Map.
- Chapter 21.27 Nonconformities
- Chapter 21.31 Residential Districts
- Chapter 21.32 Commercial Districts
- Chapter 21.33 Industrial Districts
- Chapter 21.41 Off-Street Parking & Loading Requirements
- Chapter 21.42 Landscaping Standards
- Chapter 21.43 Fences & Garden Walls
- Chapter 21.44 On-Premises Signs
- Chapter 21.56 Wireless Telecommunications Facilities
- Residential Development Standards - Setbacks, Density, Other Info
- Table 30-1 Zoning Districts Established - Zone Definitions
**Reserved – Designation not currently in use, held for possible future use.
|M:||8:00 AM - 4:00 PM|
|T:||8:00 AM - 4:00 PM|
|W:||9:00 AM - 4:00 PM|
|TH:||8:00 AM - 4:00 PM|
|F:||8:00 AM - 4:00 PM|
The Planning and Zoning phone line is open Monday through Thursday during regular business hours and closes daily for lunch from Noon to 1:00 p.m. The Permit Center is closed daily for lunch from Noon to 1:00 p.m.