Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19) Information for Businesses
The City of Long Beach has issued health orders as a means of controlling the spread of COVID-19. The orders are in alignment with other public health agencies in the region, including LA County Public Health and the City of Los Angeles, as well as the State of California.
Health Order for the Control of COVID-19
Isolation and Quarantine Public Health Orders
4/21/2022 - Public Health Emergency Quarantine Order (Spanish) (Khmer) (Tagalog)
1/4/2022 - Public Health Isolation Order (Spanish) (Khmer) (Tagalog)
To view COVID-19 Outbreak Data by Sector, visit COVID-19 Outbreak Data
Is this order mandatory? What happens if I don’t comply?
- Yes. It is a misdemeanor crime for any business to fail to comply with a local Health Officer’s Order.
- This may be punishable by a fine, imprisonment, or both.
- If voluntary compliance cannot be obtained, a citation or fine may be issued to the business staff/representative.
- Administrative penalties and fines may also be issued to business representatives who fail to comply.
- The Water Department may shut off water service to non-essential businesses operating in violation of the Order.
- Businesses may be closed for the duration of the Order if they fail to comply, for example if they fail to implement physical distancing.
- Community members wishing to report violations of this order should contact the non-emergency line at the City’s Communications Center at (562) 435-6711.
- Press Release: Police Increase Health Order Enforcement Methods to Gain Further Compliance (4/10/2020)
- Information for Farmers Markets, Grocery Stores and Charitable Food Distribution
- March 31, 2020 - Health Notice to for Grocery Stores and Charitable Food Distribution
- March 16, 2020 - Memo to All Vendors
- March 15, 2020 - Health and Safety Recommendations for Grocery Stores
- March 4, 2020 - Health Notice to Owners/Operators of Food Facilities
- Maintain Physical Distancing poster
- Please Wear a Face Covering poster
- Do Not Enter This Facility if You Are Experiencing Symptoms poster
- Restroom Plumbing poster
- Farmers Market Safety Tips poster
- Health Guidance for Restaurants poster
- Food Safety Guidelines poster
- Health Guidance for Facilities poster
- Grocery and Convenience Store Guidelines poster
- Food Trucks and Food Carts Guidelines poster
- School Districts and Charitable Food Operations Guidelines poster
- Farmers Market Vendor Guidelines poster
- Essential Business Owner Guidelines poster
- Essential Business Office Guidelines poster
- Essential Business Employee Guidelines poster