Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19) Information for Businesses
The City of Long Beach has issued health orders as a means of controlling the spread of COVID-19. The orders are in alignment with other public health agencies in the region, including LA County Public Health and the City of Los Angeles, as well as the State of California.
Health Order for the Control of COVID-19
Isolation and Quarantine Public Health Orders
- 9/15/21 - Public Health Emergency Quarantine Order (Spanish) (Khmer) (Tagalog)
- 9/9/21 - Public Health Isolation Order (Spanish) (Khmer) (Tagalog)
- CDC's Guidance for Building Water Systems - Stagnant water in pipes can cause unhealthy water conditions to develop and grow in those pipes. All businesses should ensure their water system is safe to use before reopening.
- Visit the State's Resilience Roadmap page for more information on industry-specific guidance on reducing the risk of infection when reopening.
- Local Construction Site Guidance for COVID-19
- Multifamily Residence Guidance for COVID-19 (Spanish) (Khmer) (Tagalog)
What changes have been made regarding alcohol sales in Long Beach?
- Restaurants and bars that prepare and serve food for off-site consumption may sell alcoholic beverages together with food for delivery and take-out.
- Retail stores may sell alcoholic beverages for off-site consumption, including via deliveries and extended sales hours (between 6 a.m. and 2 a.m.)
- Alcoholic beverages sold must be sold in containers that are fully sealed in a manner designed to prevent consumption without removal of the lid or cap.
- These changes do not waive, suspend or amend any regulations promulgated by the State, including those under the authority of the Department of Alcoholic Beverage Control; nor do they suspend or supersede existing prohibitions against drinking in public and similar regulations pertaining to public consumption and possession of alcohol.
What changes have been made by the Department of Alcohol Beverage Control (ABC)?
- The ABC has issued a Notice of Regulatory Relief (Spanish) temporarily suspending enforcement of specific legal prohibitions.
- For any questions regarding your ABC license and how the regulatory relief applies to your business, please contact the Southern District ABC Office at LongBeach/Lakewood@abc.ca.gov or (562) 982-1337 OR contact ABC Headquarters firstname.lastname@example.org or (916) 419-2500.
Is this order mandatory? What happens if I don’t comply?
- Yes. It is a misdemeanor crime for any business to fail to comply with a local Health Officer’s Order.
- This may be punishable by a fine, imprisonment, or both.
- If voluntary compliance cannot be obtained, a citation or fine may be issued to the business staff/representative.
- Administrative penalties and fines may also be issued to business representatives who fail to comply.
- The Water Department may shut off water service to non-essential businesses operating in violation of the Order.
- Businesses may be closed for the duration of the Order if they fail to comply, for example if they fail to implement physical distancing.
- Community members wishing to report violations of this order should contact the non-emergency line at the City’s Communications Center at (562) 435-6711.
- Press Release: Police Increase Health Order Enforcement Methods to Gain Further Compliance (4/10/2020)
- Information for Farmers Markets, Grocery Stores and Charitable Food Distribution
- March 31, 2020 - Health Notice to for Grocery Stores and Charitable Food Distribution
- March 16, 2020 - Memo to All Vendors
- March 15, 2020 - Health and Safety Recommendations for Grocery Stores
- March 4, 2020 - Health Notice to Owners/Operators of Food Facilities
- Maintain Physical Distancing poster
- Please Wear a Face Covering poster
- Do Not Enter This Facility if You Are Experiencing Symptoms poster
- Restroom Plumbing poster
- Farmers Market Safety Tips poster
- Health Guidance for Restaurants poster
- Food Safety Guidelines poster
- Health Guidance for Facilities poster
- Grocery and Convenience Store Guidelines poster
- Food Trucks and Food Carts Guidelines poster
- School Districts and Charitable Food Operations Guidelines poster
- Farmers Market Vendor Guidelines poster
- Essential Business Owner Guidelines poster
- Essential Business Office Guidelines poster
- Essential Business Employee Guidelines poster