PROJECT-BASED VOUCHERS (PBV)
The PBV Program is a program that assists individuals and families in designated apartment buildings that meet specific criteria. A PBV is attached to a particular unit at a specific property. If you live in a unit with a PBV and you move, the Section 8 assistance may stay with the property. The voucher does not always move with you. The Housing Authority currently administers PBV throughout the City of Long Beach for specific buildings. The following is a list of each building and their criteria for admission. Please do not contact the properties listed below. They will not be able to give you information on obtaining assistance through the program.
AMERICAN GOLD STAR MANOR - SENIORS & VETERANS
- Eligibility for these units is limited to veterans, seniors 62+ and Gold Star Mothers 62+
CABRILLO GATEWAY - HOMELESS & DISABLED
- Designated Units for Homeless & Disabled Clients
- Referral Only - Requires referral from the Department of Mental Health Association for designated units
- Referral Only - Requires referral from a Continuum of Care Agency for designated units
LONG BEACH & 21ST - SENIORS
- Eligibility for these units is limited to seniors 55+
PALACE APARTMENTS - EMANCIPATED FOSTER YOUTH 18-23 YEARS OLD
- Eligibility for these units is limited to transitional age foster youth age 18-23 years old.