Emergency Housing Vouchers
The Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) has issued the Housing Authority of the City of Long Beach (HACLB) 582 Emergency Housing Vouchers (EHV) through the American Rescue Plan Act (ARPA). With these new vouchers, we will be able to assist individuals and/or families who meet the following criteria:
- Experiencing homelessness
- At risk of experiencing homelessness
- Were recently experiencing homelessness or facing housing instability
- Fleeing or attempting to flee domestic violence, dating violence, sexual assault, stalking, or human trafficking
All persons who are eligible for EHV’s must be referred to the HACLB through our Coordinated Entry System (CES), which is headed by the Multi-Service Center (MSC).
Additionally, EHV’s come with multiple incentives to assist applicants with move readiness.
- Moving expenses
- Security deposit
- Application fees
- Utility deposits
- Purchase of furniture/appliances
Owners who lease to EHV holders by November 30, 2021 qualify for $2,500 leasing bonus.
For more information about the EHV program, please call the office at (562) 570-6985.