Welcome Housing Providers!
Welcome to the Long Beach Housing Authority's owner webpage, where you can join us as a valued partner in the Housing Choice Voucher program.
Why Partner With UsThis program is designed to provide low-income families with quality, affordable housing, and offers numerous benefits to property owners like you:
- Steady Income: Participants in the Housing Choice Voucher Section 8 program typically contribute 30% - 40% of their adjusted income towards rent, while we, the Long Beach Housing Authority, utilize federal funds from the Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) to cover the rest. This ensures that you receive a consistent portion of the rent on time every month.
- Dependable Payments: Once a Housing Assistance Payment (HAP) contract is finalized, you can count on receiving payments on the first business day of each month. As long as the family remains eligible and your unit meets the minimum Housing Quality Standards, your income is secure.
- Effective Marketing: We assist in filling your units quickly by sharing your property listings with our program participants if you choose to list your property with us. Additionally, you can advertise your unit for free on affordablehousing.com.
- Quality Assurance: Benefit from free property inspections to ensure your units meet minimum quality standards, and we guarantee fair market rental rates by comparing them to similar units in the area.
- Transparent Rent Standards: Our Payment Standards are set at 110% of the Small Area Fair Market Rents (SAFMR), based on the HUD Small Area Demonstration Project using FMR by Zip Code. These standards guarantee fair and competitive rent rates. Approved contract rents are determined through a comparison with similar unassisted units, ensuring affordability for the tenants. Fair Market Rent rates include a utility allowance.
- Empowerment as a Property Owner: You retain the right to screen potential tenants and establish rules compliant with California Tenant Law. Ownership information is only requested when a Housing Choice Voucher/Section 8 voucher holder expresses interest in your unit.
- Engagement and Communication: Stay informed by signing up for our Partners in Housing Newsletter. Additionally, monthly housing provider education sessions are available to provide you with insights and updates.
We appreciate your consideration of the Section 8 program and look forward to partnering with you to provide affordable housing to Long Beach families.
Feel free to reach our dedicated housing provider team at (562) 570-5352 or HA-Owners@longbeach.gov.
- Owner Portal
- List Your Property
- Utility Allowance Schedule
- Owner Info-Sessions
- Partners in Housing Newsletter
- Current Payment Standards
- Rent Increase Request Form
- Change of Ownership Form
- Owner Address Change form
- Direct Deposit Setup Form
- New Owner Packet
- Book an Appointment with a Housing Provider Specialist