Verifying Your Household IncomeThe Housing Authority of the City of Long Beach (Housing Authority) is dedicated to providing clear and relevant information for Housing Choice Voucher families. To ensure accuracy in income verification and minimize improper subsidy payments, we employ the Enterprise Income Verification (EIV) system, a software program designed by the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD).
Key Features of the EIV System:
- Real-time Access: The EIV system allows us to access up-to-date employment information, wages, unemployment compensation, and social security benefit details, ensuring swift and accurate verification specifically for Housing Choice Voucher families.
- Discrepancy Identification: EIV compares participant-reported data on wages, unemployment compensation, and social security benefits with verified information. This process helps identify voucher families that may have significantly underreported their household income.
Application of EIV in Program Oversight:
- Regular Reviews: An EIV report is processed for each Housing Choice Voucher family during annual recertification, prior to transfers, and at interim reviews, as deemed necessary by the Housing Authority.
- Eligibility Assurance: The EIV system plays a crucial role in ensuring that more eligible voucher families can actively participate in the program, fostering inclusivity.
- Discrepancy Resolution: EIV assists in resolving discrepancies in income verification specifically for Housing Choice Voucher families, promoting fairness in benefit distribution.
- Fraud Prevention: By actively identifying cases of potential abuse or fraud against the Housing Choice Voucher Program, EIV strengthens our commitment to program integrity for voucher families.
At the Housing Authority, our use of the EIV system is a proactive measure to enhance the overall efficiency and fairness of our Housing Choice Voucher Program. We believe that through transparent processes and advanced tools, we can create a housing community that thrives on accuracy, accountability, and equal opportunity for all participants.