City of Long Beach to Hold Public Input Meetings for County of Los Angeles Department of Parks & Recreation Needs AssessmentRelease Date: 2015-12-30
The City of Long Beach is participating in a comprehensive parks and recreation needs assessment being conducted by the County of Los Angeles. The public is encouraged to participate in a community meeting in Long Beach to ensure that the voices of the community are heard regarding priorities for future park development and rehabilitation.
The following meetings are scheduled to gather input about where new parks, recreation facilities, or open spaces areas are most needed; which parks need repair or expansion; and what type of recreation facilities are most needed:
- January 6, 6:30 - 8:30 PM, Veterans Park, 101 E 28th Street
- January 11, 6:30 - 8:30 PM, Miller Family Health Education Center, 3820 Cherry Avenue
- January 14, 6:30 - 8:30 PM, Houghton Park, 6301 Myrtle Avenue
- January 21, 6:30 - 8:30 PM, Bixby Park, 130 Cherry Avenue
- January 25, 6:30 - 8:30 PM, Whaley Park, 5620 Atherton Street