First Fridays 8th Anniversary!Release Date: 2014-11-06
First Fridays is turning 8 years old and we want you to help us celebrate! No anniversary would be complete without fire dancers, marching funk bands, and stilt walking drum majors. Get down with us up in Bixby Knolls!
* At 7pm come to the grand opening of the Bixby Knolls pocket park adjacent to Georgie's Place. Also, enjoy some cake as part of the 8th Anniversary celebration.
* Salon Medusa will feature the artwork of Mitch Reiter. They will also offer 20% off Aveda skincare and body care products.
* Stop into Jammin Music for their monthly student showcase. Around 8:30 the jam session starts complete with The Conundrum, a handmade sound sculpture you have to see to believe.
* Boardwalk Properties will have face painting and will raffle off a 30-35 pound turkey for the holidays.
* Nino's Italian Restaurant will host the lovely Sirena Serpentina Fire Dancers in their parking lot.
* The Kidz Craft Zone will be located at Oh Very Young Children's Boutique.
* The Bixby Knolls Wedding Collective with be out at First Fridays in front of Salon Medusa! Pop by for all your wedding questions and needs!
* The main room of Expo Arts Center will feature Squeeze Art Collective, the First Fridays Art Collective, and the 8th Anniversary First Fridays Photo Exhibit.
* Toaster Music is back in the North Gallery of Expo with pop surrealist artist, Clinton Neuhaus and the Post Mortem Dancers!
* Jinx Law has cleverly curated another fantastic show in the South Gallery of Expo with featured local artists Christo Brock and John Hoyt.
* First Fridays favorites are back such as MOVE at the BKBIA office, Hedgehog Swing at Historical Society of Long Beach, The Joe Simon Jazz Trio at Wilmore Wine Bar and Hot Club at Georgie's Place.
* Wish About U, Furniture Consignment and More, and Atun a happy anniversary!
* Tuttle Camera hosts their First Fridays photo class for $15 at 6pm. This month’s class is dedicated to taking better pictures for your e-commerce business.
* Stop in to Salvage Life for refreshments, special discounts, and music by Me & Mrs. Cassidy.
* Rick Wickeds will feature the art of Violeta Isavel Rangel.
* November’s special musical guests include The Black Noise, Alyssandra Nighswonger, 4 Level Interchange, Slushbox, Sestra, Robi Dugane, Lee Hansen, Karina Toriz, and The Dixie Six!
* TALB has another great line up of activities for First Fridays! The Chrome Pigeons will provide the hits and 3 different dance crews will provide the moves including Pua Olena (polynesian dance), YGT Step Team from Hughes Middle School (dance and singing), Quest Dance Studio dance teams (3 age-based hip hop groups).
* The Homeland Cultural Center will be pop locking with the help of Dubs One spinning all the best hip-hop and R&B on 3939 Platform #1.
* The LA Record Truck will be at the corner of Atlantic and Marshall.
* Stop by Clover (3803 Atlantic) from 6:30pm – 8:00pm to find all the information about First Fridays, business info, and restaurant recommendations.
When the businesses start to close, "First Fridays After Hours" begins. Nino’s Italian Restaurant, The Factory, Willmore, Atun, and EJ Malloy’s go late into the night with food, drinks, and music. Why go home early? Stay out late and continue the energy Dine on Art-Lantic Avenue at one of our tasty restaurants then grab the trolley that will transport you venue to venue from designated stops at the participating businesses.
For more information, visit http://firstfridayslongbeach.com/first-fridays-8th-anniversary/