2015 Neighborhood Leadership ProgramRelease Date: 2015-01-06
Applications for the Neighborhood Leadership Program are being accepted until January 20th at 4:30 PM!
What is the Neighborhood Leadership Program?
The Neighborhood Leadership Program is offered by the City of Long Beach Neighborhood Services Bureau. This five (5) month multilingual program assists grassroots residents and provides you with the skills, knowledge and resources you need to make a difference in the quality of life in our community. This program is free to participants and is partially funded through the Federal Community Development Block Grant (CDBG) Program.
This program will help you:
* Improve your communication skills
* Recognize the benefits of diversity
* Create innovative solutions for improving your neighborhood
* Identify resources and partnerships
* Apply for grants
* Plan and complete a community project
* Gain confidence as a public speaker
Meet Long Beach decision-makers:
* Mayor and City Council
* Community, Government and Non-Profit Leaders
* Neighborhood Leadership Program Alumni
For more information, please contact the Neighborhood Services Bureau at (562) 570-1010 or via e-mail to Francisco.Rodriguez@longbeach.gov.
* 2015 Neighborhood Leadership Program Application—bit.ly/NLPapp2015