How you can help!
- Give a hand up! Participate in local Food & Clothing Volunteer Programs
- Give in-kind to the Multi-Service Center
- See their Amazon wish list for basic need health and hygiene items for family and individuals experiencing homelessness.
- Host a donation drive for back to school supplies and school uniforms, gift certificates to local grocery stores, or create hygiene or welcome home kits.
- Donations may be dropped off at 1301 W 12th St, 90813. Call 562-570-4500 for any questions.
- Donate to The Mayors Fund to End Homelessness!
- If someone you know needs assistance, call the Multi-Service Center Hotline at 562-570-4MSC (4672) or visit the Homeless Services assistance resource page.
Latest in Judicial Rulings
Martin v. City of Boise
- In a case brought forward by the National Homelessness Law Center, the court ruled that homeless persons cannot be punished for sleeping outside on public property in the absence of adequate alternatives.
Mitchell v. City of Los Angeles
- A case settled by the L.A. City Council filed by four homeless residents who claimed that police officers had confiscated and destroyed their personal possessions without due process.
Lyall v. County of Denver
- A class action lawsuit ruled in favor of the plantiffs regarding removal of personal belongings during encapment sweeps without due process.
As these legal restrictions are decided, Long Beach City departments continue to update our own procedural processes to account for the changes. We also continue to seek alternate/creative solutions to help with the underlying root cause of homelessness while maintaining best practices for the health and safety of our surrounding communities.
State & County Interjurisdictional Areas
Caltrans: I-405 and I-605 Freeways on/off Ramps
- Caltrans Website
- District Map
- Submit a Service Request
- The District 7 Office (for the majority of our I-405/I-605 on/off ramps)
- The District 12 Office (for the I-605 Willow St. on/off ramp)
Public Works of Los Angeles County: County Flood Control Areas, San Gabriel River (SGR) & Los Coyotes Creek (LCC)
- Website & District Map
- Submit a Service Request
- L.A. County DPW Headquarters
- 626-458-5100 or
- 800-657-HELP (4357) for urgent request
State & County Representatives
Assemblymember Patrick O'Donnell, AD 70 Assembly District
Senator Lena Gonzalez, SD 33 Senate District
Senator Tom Umberg, SD 34 Senate District
- Measure H
- Los Angeles Field Office, 213-894-8000
- Laurie Cannady Udit, Field Office Director
Multi-Service Center, Long Beach
- Phone: 562-570-4500
- Street Outreach Hotline: 562-570-4MSC (672)
Growing Our Shelter Capacity
City Operates Shelters
- Atlantic Farms Bridge Housing Community at 6841-6845 Atlantic Ave (125 beds)
- Emergency Shelters (125 beds total):
Hotel & Motel Conversions
- Former Holiday Inn at 1133 Atlantic Ave (135 Units)
- Former Motel 6 on 5665 E 7th St (43 Units)
- Former Best Westren at 1725 Long Beach Blvd (102 Units)