Applicants must meet ALL of the following:
Current enrollment in a California POST Certified full-time Basic Academy. (Proof of enrollment required: name of the academy and a point of contact for verification must be provided at the time of filing). AND
Proof of a Passing PELLETB or NTN Frontline Score Applicants taking the written exam with NTN must meet the following minimum scores: Video – 65, Reading – 70, and Writing – 70.
NTN scores must have been issued within twelve (12) months of the application filing date. Applicants taking the POST PELLETB examination must meet the minimum T-Score of 45. PELLETB scores must have been issued within eighteen (18) months of the application filing date.Additional Requirements to File:
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities: Ability to:
- U.S. high school graduation or G.E.D. equivalency;
- Twenty-one years of age or older;
- A valid driver's license;
- Legally authorized to work in the United States under federal law;
- No felony convictions;
- Have vision correctable to 20/20;
- Have no physical or mental limitations that might prevent the completion of any duty assignment.
- Read and make sound decisions;
- Comprehend and retain technical training materials;
- Endure periods of strenuous physical activity requiring good balance, coordination, flexibility, endurance, and strength;
- Be compassionate, culturally sensitive, and non-discriminatory to a diverse population; and • Exercise tact using excellent interpersonal skills, solve problems, and demonstrate good mediation skills during highly confrontational situations.
- Observation, writing, communication, and human relation skills; and
- Leadership and public service qualities.
Recent college coursework in a related field is desirable. Bilingual skills in English/Spanish or English/Southeast Asian languages are highly desirable.