Apply Now for Senior Librarian!Release Date: 2021-04-20
REQUIREMENTS TO FILE:
Candidates must meet the following requirements:
- Master's Degree in Library Science, Information Science, or a related degree accredited by the American Library Association (proof required*). AND
- Three years of increasingly responsible full-time, paid professional librarian experience, including one year of supervision or lead responsibility for professional or technical staff in a library.
Proof of required documents, such as transcripts, degrees, and/or certificates must be uploaded to the application at the time of filing. Any proofs submitted must contain either the applicant's name or other identifying characteristic on the form. Degrees must indicate the field of study and transcripts must indicate field of study and degree conferred date. Candidates who possess degrees from colleges or universities from outside the United States must attach proof of educational equivalency at the time of filing.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
Candidates must possess all of the following:
- Management principles and techniques, including budgeting and employee supervision, training and evaluation;
- Theories, principles and practices of collection development;
- Dewey Decimal Classification and Integrated Library Systems;
- Research techniques using print, media and electronic resources.
- Analyze data, recognize problems, and take appropriate course of action according to department policies and procedures;
- Take initiative in developing library services in response to community needs and to improve the delivery of existing programs;
- Operate library automation system and other computer equipment;
- Effectively communicate both orally and in writing with a diverse ethnic socioeconomic constituency;
- Prepare clear and concise reports, correspondence and other written materials;
- Mitigate customer service issues;
- Supervise and participate in a successful team through the use of effective communication, collaboration and interpersonal skills.
Willingness to work irregular hours, evenings, weekends, holidays and shift assignments at different locations.
A valid driver’s license, or the ability to arrange necessary and timely transportation for field travel, may be required for some assignments.
DESIRABLE QUALIFICATIONS: Experience with Automated Services, bilingual skills (speak, read, and/or write) in Spanish, Khmer, and/or Tagalog for some positions.