ADMINISTRATIVE ANALYST I-IVRelease Date: 2023-01-24
REQUIREMENTS TO FILE
- Graduation from an accredited college or university with a bachelor’s degree in Public or Business Administration, or a closely related field, (proof of graduation required)*.
- Two or more years of paid, full-time equivalent, professional experience equivalent to an Assistant Administrative Analyst, with the City of Long Beach (or higher) offering specific and substantial preparation for the duties of the position.
Opportunities for Substitution of Education or Experience
- Professional or technical and paraprofessional experience (including experience equivalent to an Administrative Aide with the City of Long Beach, or higher) that offers specific and substantial preparation for the duties of the position may be substituted for the required education on a year-for-year basis.
-Or-A master’s degree in Business or Public Administration, or a closely related field, from an accredited college or university may be substituted for up to one year of the required professional experience (proof required)*.
Information Pertaining to City of Long Beach Employees
- In compliance with Civil Service Rules and Regulations, Article VI, Section 62, experience credit may be given to City Employees who gained experience while performing duties outside of the classification up to 25% of the time.
- City employees that served in a provisional appointment, temporary reassignment, and/or experience gained while receiving higher class pay will be considered on a day-to-day basis.
*Proof of required documents, such as degree or transcripts, must be uploaded to the online application at the time of filing. Any proofs submitted must contain either the applicant's name or other identifying characteristic on the form. Degrees must indicate the field of study and transcripts must indicate field of study and degree conferred date. Candidates who possess degrees from colleges or universities from outside the United States must attach proof of educational equivalence at the time of filing.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Ability to communicate both verbally and in writing;
- Ability to operate personal computers including the use of the Internet, spreadsheet, database and word processing software;
- Ability to comprehend and interpret complex written information;
- Ability to research, organize, and analyze data from a variety of sources;
- Ability to develop conclusions and make recommendations based upon evaluation of facts;
- Ability to exercise initiative to complete assigned tasks;
- Ability to perform mathematical computations; and
- Ability to plan and organize work.
A valid driver’s license, or the ability to arrange necessary and timely transportation for field travel, may be required for some assignments.
DESIRABLE QUALIFICATIONS: Bilingual/Biliterate skills (Spanish, Khmer, or Tagalog) are desired for some positions.