Now open for limited in-person services listed below by appointment only.
Walk-ins are not accepted.
Individuals Visiting City Hall Can Expect to Observe the Following Guidelines:
- If you are positive for COVID-19 or feel you have been exposed to the virus, please do not enter the building and reschedule your appointment;
- All customers entering City Hall must submit to a temperature check via a non-contact thermometer. If your temperature is above 100.4, you will not be allowed to enter the facility and will be asked to reschedule your appointment;
- All customers entering City Hall must wear a face covering which covers both the nose and mouth at all times while in the facility;
- All customers inside City Hall or in line outside must maintain proper distance (at least 6 feet apart) from others at all times;
- Limited services are available by appointment at this time. We encourage the use of our online and email services.
- Walk-ins will not be accepted, but same-day appointments may be available.
- A maximum of two (2) individuals per appointment will be serviced.
- Customers must arrive no earlier than 15 minutes before their scheduled appointment and no later than 5 minutes after their scheduled appointment start time. Those arriving more than 15 minutes past their appointment time may be required to schedule a new appointment. Please consider travel and parking time.
- For all in-person services, please be sure to have all required documents. The required documents will be listed in your appointment confirmation.
PLEASE SELECT A SERVICE BELOW TO SCHEDULE AN IN-PERSON APPOINTMENT
Building & Safety
Our team of building safety experts works tirelessly behind the scenes to ensure the safety of our residents and businesses. In addition to making sure that buildings are in compliance with State and local building codes, we assist developers with new projects that meet our safety standards. That includes ensuring that buildings are structurally sound and have reliable fire prevention and suppression systems, as well as confirming properly installed and maintained electrical, plumbing, and mechanical systems.
Permit Issuance (Express Permits Only)
Development Services is accepting applications for Express Permits and other Permits for construction projects that do not need a plan check by email and in person. Examples of simple Express projects are water heater replacements, electrical service or heating upgrades, window replacements, re-roof, etc.
The Development Permit Center is accepting email applications for construction projects. To limit the spread of COVID-19, we encourage all customers to use our online services. Please visit Building & Safety for instructions on how to submit online.
Apply In Person
Limited appointments are available Monday - Friday, 1:00 pm to 3:30 pm. In order to better serve our customers, we are limiting the number of appointments scheduled per applicant. For each appointment scheduled, a limit of two projects will be processed.
To better service your express permit issuance appointment, your project must qualify as an Express Permit. See Information Bulletin IB-058 Express Permit Service for a list of minor construction projects that qualify for this service.
Please be sure to bring the following completed forms to your appointment:
- Complete and sign one or more of the following construction permit application(s):
- APP-001 Consolidated Permit Application
This consolidated permit application should be used for all projects that involves more than one of the following scope of work: building, grading, fire, electrical, mechanical, plumbing, landscape and/or sign.
- APP-011 Express Building Permit Application
- APP-012 Express Electrical Permit Application
- APP-013 Express Plumbing Permit Application
- APP-014 Express Mechanical Permit Application
If the scope of work is minor in nature and does not require a plan review, please use one or more of the express permit applications. For more information on Express Permit, please refer to Information Bulletin IB-058 Express Permit Service.
- APP-001 Consolidated Permit Application
- Complete and sign the related permittee documents:
Please be prepared to submit your plans and construction documents as a digital PDF file on a USB device.
If you have any questions, please contact our Permit Center staff at 562-570-PMIT (7648).