Pet Financial Aid And Discounted Veterinary Care-Related Organizations
NOTE: If your animal requires emergency veterinary care and you cannot afford treatment, contact nearby veterinary colleges that may have programs. If you are unsure what qualifies as emergency veterinary care, call your veterinarian and describe the symptoms.
Working With Veterinarians
- Negotiate a payment plan with your vet. If you're a client in good standing, they may be happy to work out a weekly or monthly payment plan. However, a vet you've never been to may not agree to such a plan.
- Get a second opinion. You may pay a consultation fee, but another vet may have other, less expensive ways to treat your pet.
- Use a vet in a less expensive area. Vets in smaller towns may charge lower fees.
- Check out local veterinary schools. Many run low-cost clinics for limited income clients.
Fundraising And Temporary Credit
- Ask if your veterinarian accepts Care Credit, a credit card specifically for health care expenses, including for pets.
- Try a fundraising platform such as GoFundMe, which enables you to create a personal fundraising page.
- Consider Waggle, a pet-dedicated crowdfunding solution that channels funds directly to verified veterinarians for a pet’s care.
If you purchased your pet from a responsible breeder, check your contract to see if there is a health guarantee that covers your pet’s ailment. For help with future medical expenses, consider purchasing pet health insurance.
Spay and Neuter Clinics
Clinics That Accept Spay/Neuter Vouchers.
Don’t see your veterinarian listed? Let us know and we will reach out to them and invite them to join our list. Availability and pricing will vary. Please call ahead for pricing and appointment information. The City of Long Beach is not responsible for services or procedures provided at participating hospitals or clinics. Every hospital or clinic is responsible for its own liability insurance. Feedback may be sent to email@example.com.
- ABC Animal Hospital, 9121 Walker Street, Cypress, CA 90630, 714-995-8033
- Amazing Small Animal Practice, 14800 S. Western Ave, Gardena, CA 90249, 310-908-0510
- Belmont Heights Animal Hospital, 255 Redondo Ave., Long Beach, CA 90803, 562-439-6871
- Belmont Shore Veterinary Hospital, 6222 Pacific Coast Highway, Long Beach CA 90802, 562-961-0028
- Blue Cross Veterinary Hospital, 2665 E. Pacific Coast Highway, Long Beach, CA 90755, 562-494-0975
- Boulevard Animal Hospital, 2139 E. Artesia Blvd., Long Beach, CA 90805, 562-633-6514
- Fix Long Beach, 1749 Magnolia Ave., Long Beach, CA 90813, 562-337-8268
- Golden State Humane Society, 555 E. Artesia Blvd., Long Beach, CA 90805, 562-423-8406
- Los Coyotes Pet Hospital, 3599 N. Los Coyotes Diagonal Suite B, Long Beach, CA 90808, 562-627-1000
- Mercy Animal Medical Center, 2141 E. Market Street, Long Beach, CA 90805, 562-423-5458
- Parkview Pet Hospital, 4103 Viking Way, Suite A, Long Beach, CA 90808, 562-425-8140
- Pine Animal Hospital, 900 Pine Ave., Long Beach, CA 90813, 562-912-7463
- Primary Care Animal Hospital, 2200 N. Lakewood Blvd., Long Beach, CA 90815, 562-274-7776
- Primary Care Animal Hospital, 920 E. Wardlow Rd. Long Beach, CA 90815, 562-471-7711
- Signal Hill Animal Hospital, 3449 E. Pacific Coast Highway, Signal Hill, CA 90804, 562-597-5533
- SNPLA, 3612 11th Avenue, Los Angeles, CA 90018, 310-241-0769 • 310-574-5555
- SNPLA, 957 N. Gaffey Street, San Pedro, CA 90731, 310-241-0769 • 310-574-5555
- Spring Animal Hospital, 5858 E. Spring St. Long Beach CA 90815 • 562-421-8463
- Vet Care Pet Clinic, 12453 Valley View Street, Garden Grove, CA 92845, 714-895-8600
- Ambassador Dog & Cat Hospital - 2251 E. Carson St., Long Beach, CA 90807, (562) 427-2889
- Artesia Animal Hospital - 20200 S. Pioneer Blvd., Cerritos, CA 90703, (562) 865-2677
- Banfield Animal Hospital – SH - 2550 Cherry Ave., Signal Hill, CA 90806, (562) 427-7122
- Banfield Animal Hospital – LB - 5929 E. Spring St., Long Beach, CA 90808, (562) 377-5595
- Beach Vet Hospital - 2741 E. 4th St. Suite B, Long Beach, CA 90814, (562) 433-3400
- Bellwood Animal Hospital - 17455 Lakewood Blvd., Bellflower, CA 90706, (562) 633-7833
- Belmont Heights Animal Hospital - 255 Redondo Ave., Long Beach, CA 90803, (562) 439-6871
- Belmont Shore Vet Hospital - 6222 Pacific Coast Hwy, Long Beach, CA 90803, (562) 961-0028
- Bixby Animal Clinic - 3938 Atlantic Ave., Long Beach, CA 90807, (562) 426-4066
- Bloomfield Animal Hospital - 20927 Norwalk Blvd., Lakewood, CA 90715,(562) 402-9717
- Blue Cross Veterinary Hospital - 2665 E. Pacific Coast Highway, Signal Hill, CA 90755, (562) 494-0975
- Boulevard Animal Hospital - 2139 E. Artesia Blvd Long Beach, CA 90805, (562) 633-6514
- Cats & Dogs Animal Hospital - 627 Redondo Ave Long Beach CA 90814, (562) 439-4228
- SNPLA (Low Cost Vet) - (310) 574-5555
- Cypress Dog & Cat Hospital - 5422 Lincoln Ave, Cypress, CA 90630, (714) 527-4570
- Evening Pet Clinic - 6803 Cherry Ave., Long Beach, CA 90805, (562) 422-1223
- FIX Long Beach - 1749 Magnolia Ave, Long Beach, CA 90813, (562) 337-8268
- Gentle Care Pet Clinic - 8175 E. Wardlow Rd., Long Beach, CA 90808, (562) 594-9955
- Golden State Humane Society - 555 E. Artesia Blvd., Long Beach, CA 90805,(562) 423-8406
- Lakewood Pet Vet - 6405 Del Amo Blvd, Lakewood, CA 90713, (562) 925-2300
- Little Cottonwood Animal Hospital - 4102 Katella Ave, Los Alamitos, CA 90720, (562) 372-6642
- Long Beach Animal Hospital - 3816 E. Anaheim St., Long Beach, CA 90804,(562) 434-9966
Wild Life Vets
- Mercy Animal Medical Center - 2141 E. Market St. Long Beach, CA 90805, (562) 423-5458
- Parkview Pet Hospital - 4103 Viking Way, Suite #A, Long Beach, CA 90808, (562) 425-8140
- Pine Animal Hospital, 900 Pine Ave. Long Beach, CA 90813, (562) 912-7463
- Primary Vet Care - 2200 Lakewood Blvd. LB, CA 90815, (562) 274-7776
- Signal Hill Animal Hospital - 3449 E. Pacific Coast Highway, Signal Hill, CA 90755, (562) 597-5533
- Spring Animal Hospital - 5858 E. Spring St., Long Beach, CA 90815, (562) 421-8463
- Sun Surf Veterinary Hospital, 16751 Pacific Coast HWY, Huntington Beach CA 90742, (562) 592-1391
- Torrance Companion Animal Hospital - 22221 S. Vermont Ave, Torrance, CA 90502
- Uptown Animal Hospital - 3350 Atlantic Ave., Long Beach, CA 90808, (562) 424-8541
- VCA Los Altos Animal Hospital - 3040 Woodruff Ave., Long Beach, CA 90808, (562) 421-3749
- VCA Rossmoor El Dorado - 10832 Los Alamitos Blvd., Los Alamitos, CA 90720, (562) 598-8621
- VETCO in PETCO- Cerritos - 12601 Town Center Dr., Cerritos CA 90703,(877) 838-7468
- Crossroads Animal Emergency - 11057 E. Rosecrans Ave., Norwalk, CA 90650, (562) 304-9981
- Orange County Emergency Pet Clinic - 12750 Garden Grove Blvd., CA 92843, (714) 462-1829
- 2920 N Harbor Blvd., Fullerton, CA 92835, (714) 681-1979
- VCA Lakewood Animal Hosp. – 24 hr - 10701 South St. Cerritos, CA 90703, (562) 926-3600
- Long Beach Animal Emergency – 24 hr - 4720 E. Pacific Coast Highway, Long Beach , CA 90804, (562) 354-0107
Each of these national organizations provide financial assistance to pet owners in need. They are independent and have their own set of rules and guidelines, therefore, you will have to investigate each one separately to determine if you qualify for assistance:
American Veterinary Medical Foundation: (veterinary care charitable fund)
Joshua Louis Animal Cancer Foundation: (grants can only be provided for pets under the care of a board-certified veterinary oncologist)
Land of Pure Gold Foundation: (cancer treatment grants for working dogs (e.g., assistance, search and rescue, animal-assisted therapy, etc.)
Magic Bullet Fund: (cancer-specific)
Pets of the Homeless: (pet food and veterinary care assistance for homeless)
The Riedel & Cody Fund: (support for pets suffering with cancer)
Waggle: (a pet-dedicated crowdfunding solution)
Assistance By Breed
Assistance By Breed
Breed-specific rescue groups may have information about additional help for particular breeds:
- CorgiAid: Corgies
- Doberman 911: Doberman Pinschers
- Labrador Lifeline: Labrador Retrievers
- Pyramedic Trust: Great Pyrenees
- WestieMed: West Highland White Terriers
Bixby Dog Park
Coolidge Dog Park
El Dorado Park Dog Park
Gayle Carter Dog Park
K9 Corner Dog Park
Lincoln Park Dog Park
Pike Park Dog Park
Dog Park Rules
- Dog Park/Zone users must comply with posted rules for the safety of everyone and every dog.
- Each dog must be under the control of an adult.
- Only one dog per adult is permitted.
- The dog must be under visual and voice control at all times.
- Pick up after your dog and dispose of waste in provided containers.
- Dogs must be older than 4 months, vaccinated and licensed.
- Puppies younger than 4 months are not permitted for their and other dogs' protection.
- Owners must have a leash. Dogs shall be on leashes whenever outside Dog Park/Zones.
- No aggressive dogs.
- Dog owners are legally responsible for injuries caused by their dog.
- Professional dog trainers/handlers are not permitted to use the facility for instruction.
- No female dogs in heat.
- All dogs must wear a collar with current tags.
- No spiked collars; they can hurt other dogs.
- No food-human or dog-of any kind.
- Owners shall provide drinking water for their dogs as needed.
- Children must be supervised by adults.
- Children are not permitted to run, shout, scream, wave arms or excite or antagonize dogs.
Veterinary Assistance Programs
Veterinary Assistance Programs
Contact or check their websites for program eligibility requirements
Actors & Others For Animals
actorsandothers.com (818) 752-6725
Provides financial assistance for emergency medical procedures.
Sam Simon Foundation
ssfmobileclinic.org (888) 364-7729
Provides free spay/neuter and nonemergency surgeries for low income residents. Appointments need to be made online through their website or over the phone
Voice For the Animals Foundation
vftafoundation.org (310) 392-5153
Financial vet assistance for seniors, people with disabilities/terminal illness, and people on fixed income
Grant program to assist with veterinary funds. The average grant is around $250 and is meant to cover a small gap in funding for treatment.
The Pet Fund
Assists with veterinary care for those who cannot afford it.
Starfleet Canine Aid Foundation
StarfleetCanineAid.org Provides financial aid to owners who are unable to afford medical treatment for the treatable disease or injury of a canine companion.
RUFF: Rescuing Unwanted Furry Friends
RuffRescue.org (949) 580-1092
Provides financial assistance for veterinary care and spay neuter when owners are unable to afford it
Assistance Dog Special Allowance Program
cdss.ca.gov/assistance-dogs (916) 657-2628
California state program that provides a $50 monthly payment to eligible persons who use guide, signal, service dogs. The allowance is to help pay for costs of food, grooming, and health care for the dogs.