Honors and Recognition
2020 DIGITAL INCLUSION TRAILBLAZER
The City is one of 14 jurisdictions in the nation to be named a 2020 Digital Inclusion Trailblazer by the National Digital Inclusion Alliance (NDIA). This is the second time the City has received this distinct recognition. Digital Inclusion Trailblazers is an honor roll of local government initiatives that promote digital literacy and Broadband Internet access for underserved residents.
Trailblazers are models for other local governments to pursue digital inclusion efforts in their own communities. NDIA identifies local governments using six indicators, such as:
- Full-time staff dedicated to digital inclusion initiatives
- Local government has developed or is developing a digital inclusion plan
- Local government participates in a digital inclusion coalition
- Local government has conducted or plans to conduct Internet access survey research
- Local government directly finds community digital inclusion programming
- Local government has or is taking steps to increase the affordability of home Broadband Internet service
2019 CALIFORNIA ASSOCIATION OF PUBLIC INFORMATION OFFICIALS (CAPIO) AWARD OF DISTINCTION
The City received the 2019 CAPIO Award of Distinction for the 2018 International Digital Inclusion Week (IDIW) Social Media Engagement Campaign under the Social Media Campaign category. These awards are presented annually by the California Association of Public Information Officials (CAPIO) to honor outstanding public agency information and communications programs.