Ranchos Walk 2018
Join us for the Ranchos Walk and experience the cities of Long Beach and Signal Hill in a whole new way! Take a walk through history and follow a crest trail that links Rancho Los Alamitos and Rancho Los Cerritos. The 9.4-mile scenic walk connects the CSULB campus, Reservoir Hill, Hilltop Park in Signal Hill, Longview Point at Willow Springs Park and Rancho Los Cerritos. There are also 6 mile and 3.5 mile options available. Shuttle services will be provided along the route.
Ranchos Walk 2018 was a great success! Thank you to all who walked with us. Please join us again for Ranchos Walk 2019. If you'd like to follow the route on your own, you can follow the turn by turn directions, or download the izi Travel App for a guided tour.
3 Distances Available
Full Ranchos Walk: the full walk is 9.4 miles from just outside Rancho Los Alamitos to the entrance of Rancho Los Cerritos. Sign in from 7:30-8:30am at 1200 Palo Verde Avenue. Parking is available for a $9 all day fee in CSULB lot E6. Carpooling and busing are encouraged. The walk will begin at 8:00am.
6 Mile Ranchos Walk: the 6 mile walk is from the National Guard Armory to the entrance of Rancho Los Cerritos. Sign in from 9:00-10:00am at 2200 Redondo Avenue. Parking is very limited. Carpooling and busing are encouraged.
3.5 Mile Ranchos Walk: the 3.5 mile walk is from Longview Point at Willow Springs Park to the entrance of Rancho Los Cerritos. Sign in from 10:00-11:00am at 2755 Orange Avenue. Parking is very limited. Carpooling and busing are encouraged.
7:00 AM: Shuttle service opens
7:30 AM: Registration for the Full Ranchos Walk opens at 1200 Palo Verde Avenue
8:00 AM: Ranchos Walk Kickoff
8:30 AM: Full Walk Registration closes
9:00 AM: 6 Mile Ranchos Walk Registration opens at 2200 Redondo Avenue
10:00 AM: 6 Mile Walk Registration closes, 3.5 Mile Walk Registration opens 2755 Orange Avenue
11:00 AM: 3.5 Mile Walk Registration closes
12:00 PM: Ranchos Walk Festival opens at Rancho Los Cerritos
2:00 PM: Ranchos Walk 2018 Closes
3:00 PM: Shuttle service ends
What to Bring
Don't forget to wear comfortable shoes, sunglasses, a hat, and apply plenty of sunscreen. Bring a reusable water bottle to refill at water stations along the route. 3 rest stops along the route will provide water, snacks, first aid, restroom facilities, and information for participants.
Download the izi Travel app on your smart phone to access digital route guidance and audio information on points of interest along the route. Open the app and search for "Ranchos Walk" to find the tour and start route guidance.
Explore the Ranchos Walk route in the maps below.
- Always walk on the sidewalk. If there is no sidewalk, walk facing traffic.
- Don't assume vehicles will stop. Make eye contact with drivers, don't just look at the vehicle. If a driver is on a cell phone, he or she may not be paying enough attention to drive safely.
- Cross streets at marked crosswalks or intersections, if possible.
- Obey traffic signals such as WALK/DON'T WALK signs.
- Look left, right, and left again before crossing a street.
- Watch for turning vehicles. Make sure the driver sees you and will stop for you.
- Look across ALL lanes you must cross and visually clear each lane before proceeding. Even if one motorist stops, do not presume drivers in other lanes can see you and will stop for you.
- Don't wear headphones or talk on a cell phone while crossing.
- Light colors and wearing clothes with reflective materials make you stand out.