Ranchos Walk 2019
Join us for the Ranchos Walk 2019 on September 28th and experience the cities of Long Beach and Signal Hill in a whole new way! Take a walk through history and follow a crest trail that links Rancho Los Alamitos and Rancho Los Cerritos. The 9.4-mile scenic walk connects the CSULB campus, Reservoir Hill, Hilltop Park in Signal Hill, Longview Point at Willow Springs Park and Rancho Los Cerritos. There are also 6 mile and 3.5 mile options available. Shuttle services will be provided along the route.
Registration Coming Soon!
Explore the Ranchos Walk route in the maps below or download the turn by turn directions.
- Always walk on the sidewalk. If there is no sidewalk, walk facing traffic.
- Don't assume vehicles will stop. Make eye contact with drivers, don't just look at the vehicle. If a driver is on a cell phone, he or she may not be paying enough attention to drive safely.
- Cross streets at marked crosswalks or intersections, if possible.
- Obey traffic signals such as WALK/DON'T WALK signs.
- Look left, right, and left again before crossing a street.
- Watch for turning vehicles. Make sure the driver sees you and will stop for you.
- Look across ALL lanes you must cross and visually clear each lane before proceeding. Even if one motorist stops, do not presume drivers in other lanes can see you and will stop for you.
- Don't wear headphones or talk on a cell phone while crossing.
- Light colors and wearing clothes with reflective materials make you stand out.