To the Film Applicant:
This informational letter and the attached General Liability endorsement form are intended to assist you in obtaining the insurance coverage required for your event/activity and permit. Please forward this letter and the City’s General Liability Endorsement form to your insurance broker-agent.
For the duration of your permit, you must maintain, from an insurance company(ies) either admitted to write insurance in the State of California or rated A:VIII by A.M. Best Company (or equivalent), the following insurance coverages, unless the City’s Risk Manager determines that other coverages or higher limits are required for your specific event or activity:
- Commercial general liability (equivalent to ISO CG 00 01 11 85 or CG 00 01 11 88) in an amount not less than One Million Dollars ($1,000,000) per occurrence. If food is sold, products liability coverage in an amount not less than One Million Dollars ($1,000,000) must be included. If alcoholic beverages are sold or served, liquor liability coverage in an amount not less than One Million Dollars ($1,000,000) must be included. If participants, film extras, and/or spectators are involved, the certificate of insurance must specify that the commercial general liability covers participants, film extras, and/or spectators as applicable. The City’s General Liability Endorsement form provides coverage for the City, its officials, employees, volunteers, and agents as additional insureds under your commercial general liability policy.
- Workers’ compensation as required by the California Labor Code, if the permit holder uses its own employees in conducting the planned event/activity/film shoot.
- Automobile Liability (equivalent to ISO form CA 00 01 06 92) in an amount not less than One Million Dollars ($1,000,000) combined single limit covering Symbol 1(Any Auto), if automobiles are used in the move-in, setup, break-down, or operation of the event/activity/film shoot. If you are using only nonowned or hired autos, a nonowned auto endorsement to your general liability policy is acceptable.
- Aircraft Liability in an amount not less than One Million Dollars ($1,000,000) per occurrence, if helicopters or other aircraft are used in the conduct of or in connection with the event/activity/film shoot.
- Watercraft Liability in an amount not less than One Million Dollars ($1,000,000) per occurrence, if watercraft are used in the conduct of or in connection with the event/activity/film shoot:
- Certificate of Insurance issued by your insurance broker-agent evidencing the insurance coverages applicable to your event/activity/film shoot, with the cancellation provision on the certificate amended to read as follows: “Should any of the above described policies be canceled before the expiration dates thereof, the issuing company will mail thirty (30) days prior written notice to the certificate holder. In the case of cancellation for nonpayment of premium, the issuing company will mail ten (10) days prior written notice to the certificate holder.”
- City’s General Liability Endorsement completed by your insurance company or insurance agent;
- Any written statements by you and/or your insurance broker-agent explaining the reasons why any of the above coverages are limited or why any of the applicable requirements have not been satisfied.
All certificates and endorsements must be original, signed documents submitted to Manager of Special Events and Filming, City of Long Beach, 211 E. Ocean Blvd., Suite 410, Long Beach, CA 90802.
If you or your insurance broker-agent have any questions regarding these insurance requirements, please do not hesitate to contact this office. For your convenience, we have a facsimile machine within this department. The facsimile access telephone number is (562) 570-5335.
+General Liability Endorsement Form
Drone insurance requires an amount not less than Five Million Dollars ($5,000,000) combined single limit occurrence.