| || || || |
City of Long Beach
Department of Financial Management
Thank you very much for your interest in doing business with the City of Long Beach. We are committed to providing bid opportunities to all business enterprises.
The City utilizes an online registration and bidding system to notify businesses of various bid opportunities, news, and updates. The electronic bidding system provides an easy and accessible way to bid documents. Registered companies will receive customized emails notifying them of specific bids, the ability to search for bids, and download documents.
The City utilizes a customized list of commodity codes to register and notify potential bidders for opportunities. To review the list of commodity codes, please click here. To review bid opportunities, and/or register with us, please click here.
Please visit the Small Business Enterprise section to learn more about this program.
We have made every effort to make all aspects of the contracting process as easy, secure, and reliable as possible. However, if you need help or have technical questions concerning the features available to our bidders on this section, or receive an error, please click on for online assistance or call (818) 992-1771. If you require additional informaiton regarding a specific bid, please call the Purchasing Division at (562) 570-6200.
Once registered, all contractors/vendors are solely responsible for maintaining up to date and accurate information. Vendors may edit their profile at any time.
Note: In order to access the BidsOnline system, you must install Adobe Flash Player 10.1 or higher. Click here to download and install the latest Adobe Flash Player.
If you need to review bid information that was posted in our old system, please click here.
Small Business Enterprise Program
HUD Section 3 Program
Small Business Insurance
The City of Long Beach is pleased to announce an agreement with Driver Alliant Insurance Service to provide a low-cost insurance alternative aimed at assisting small business enterprises in meeting the City's insurance requirements for bidding on small, low risk projects for the City and Port of Long Beach.
Coverage is bound for City and Port projects only (not all work performed by the vendor/contractor). This program has low premiums, low deductibles and many pre-approved classes, which expedites contract issuance. If you are interested in participating in this program you must contact Driver Alliant directly. Link to information
Small Business Bonding Assistance
The US Small Business Administration (SBA) can guarantee bonds for contracts up to $2 million, covering bid, performance and payment bonds for small and emerging contractors who cannot obtain surety bonds through regular commercial channels. Link to SBA Surety Bond Guarantee website.
See what the City's insurance requirements are by clicking here.
The Long Beach Public Library has many programs and services to help businesses through the BizConnect Service. Many resources are available at the Main Library and online through the Virtual Library.
Purchase Order General Conditions
These are the general conditions attached to every purchase order issued by the City.
All vendors that have received a purchase order from the City of Long Beach are now required to have a W-9 form on file with the Dept of Financial Management. Link to our instructions and to the IRS website for the form.
The acceptance of gifts by City employees is prohibited by the Ethics Handbook guidelines. Suppliers are requested to cooperate in this regard by not making such offers to City employees.
Standards of Purchasing Practice
- To regard public service as a sacred trust, giving primary consideration to the interests of the public agency that employs us.
- To purchase without prejudice, seeking to obtain the maximum value for each dollar expended.
- To avoid unfair practices, giving all qualified vendors equal opportunity.
- To honor our obligations and require that obligations to our public agency be honored.
- To accord vendor representatives courteous treatment, remembering that these representatives are important sources of information and assistance in solving our purchasing needs.
- To refuse to accept any form of commercial bribery, and prevent any appearance of so doing.
- To be receptive to counsel from our colleagues, and to cooperate with them to promote a spirit of teamwork and unity.
- To conduct ourselves with fairness and dignity, and to demand honesty and truth in the purchasing process.
- To strive for greater knowledge of purchasing methods and of the materials we purchase.
- To cooperate with all organizations and individuals involved in activities designed to enhance the development of the purchasing profession, remembering that our actions reflect on the entire purchasing profession
We subscribe to these standards.
Our Mission: To provide City departments with quality and cost-effective products and services at a fair, competitive price in a timely manner.
Adopted by City Council, a bid from a Long Beach vendor for furnishing materials, equipment, supplies and non-professional services shall be reduced by 10%. In no case shall the maximum preference under this section exceed $10,000 for any bid.
| || || |