In less than 24 hours, Atlantic Ave. will be entirely transformed by Beach Streets Uptown.
The 3.5 mile corridor from Wardlow Road to Houghton Park will be car-free for you to walk, bike, skate or roll nearly however you can imagine (please no motorized forms unless they’re mobility devices for people with disabilities).
Beach Streets Uptown – June 6, 2015 – 9 am to 4 pm
Atlantic Ave. from Wardlow Rd. to Harding Ave. (at Houghton Park)Map
Just check out www.beachstreets.com
Our outreach and programming team have put together an amazing day full of 200+ activities, entertainment and dining options. Businesses up and down the street will be offering special deals and fun activities.
Here’s just a few highlights:
• The Central heART Zone (on Atlantic between San Antonio and 45th St.) will feature artists easel drawing, mask making workshop, chalk art, button making, double Dutch, live bands and DJs.
• The Village Fest at Houghton Park will feature live music from the likes of The Pharcyde, Blu & Exile ft. Choosey, Los Rakas, Stacy Barthe, YoYo, Buck Bowen, Philosophy, Clean and DJ Ervin Arana with Special host Spicy Mari from REAL 92.3.
• The Bixby Knolls area will features lots of amazing dining options, a farmers market at the Expo Arts Center, a petting zoo, and art creation stations.
• The "Prepare Uptown" Emergency Preparedness Expo will include an Earthquake simulator, vintage vehicles, Kids puppet show, HAM radio, signups for free smoke alarm installations and lots of great information.
• "Taste of Uptown" will feature tasty eats from around the world.
• Scherer Park will feature live music, an obstacle course, a giant, inflatable slide, face painting, balloon artists, a photo booth, as well as arts and crafts activities.
• And so much more! We can’t wait to see you this Saturday.
Download the Go Uptown app
for your mobile device right now to serve as your guide tomorrow. The Go Uptown app will feature all the exciting activities on Atlantic Ave.
Getting to Uptown
Check out our map
to view all the traffic crossings during the Beach Streets Uptown event.
If you won’t be walking or bicycling directly to Beach Streets, we highly encourage you to incorporate transit into your trip plans. Google
, and Long Beach Transit
can all help you figure out your transit options. We recommend the Metro Blue Line and LB Transit Bus 61. We'll have a temporary bus/bike lane set up to help you easily get from the Metro Wardlow station to the event. If driving, consider using Metro's many park and ride stations or Downtown Long Beach's parking lots to make a multi-modal day of it. Again, the Metro Wardlow Station is closest to the route. Additionally, there will be event parking at Wardlow Rd. and Cherry Ave.
Finally, LB Transit will be providing FREE Beach Streets shuttle busses to transport participants to and from the event this Saturday. Look for the busses labeled "CHARTER" to catch the free shuttle looping with the following stops:
• Wardlow Metro Blue Line Station
• Wardlow at Long Beach Blvd.
• Wardlow at Atlantic (southern hub of the event route)
• Cherry at Wardlow (in front of Fantastic Burger)
• Wardlow Rd. just east of Cherry Ave. by the Event Parking Lot
• Orange Ave. at Harding Street near Houghton Park (a short walk from the northern hub of the event route)
Use extra caution whether taking transit, biking, walking, scooting, skating or of course driving to and from the event. At the event, please remember to please follow the normal flow of traffic (ride right), remember to respect crossing guards, and respect dismount signs. We want everyone to have a safe and amazing day!!! Visit our website for more info: www.beachstreets.com