CADET JOB BULLETINRelease Date: 2019-07-31
The Long Beach Police Department is hiring Police Cadets, Part-Time. Application period ends at 11:59 p.m. on Friday, August 9, 2019. See job bulletin for more information.
The Police Cadet position is a paid internship designed for college students who are interested in pursuing a career as a police officer. The Community Engagement Division at the Long Beach Police Department is seeking Police Cadets to work in areas such as the Business Desk in the lobby of the Public Safety Building (which requires 24/7 staffing) or the Detective Division. This is a uniformed assignment that may be required to work a minimum of 20 hours per week, which may include evenings, weekends and holidays. Shift assignments will be determined based on the needs of the Department and class schedules.
EXAMPLE OF DUTIES
- Providing service/information to citizens in person and by telephone
- Filing police reports
- Accepting bail and providing court appearance information
- Assisting with building security
- Access Department databases containing confidential information
- Enrolled in an accredited college or university and maintain a 2.5 GPA
- Willingness to provide excellent customer service
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to adapt to changing conditions in a fast-paced work environment
- Proficient in conflict resolution and problem solving
- Bilingual skills are highly desirable
- Ability to work any assigned shift including: Nights, weekends and holidays
$12.726 per hour
Interested candidates must complete an online application, attach a letter of interest and a resume. The online application can be found at:
Completed submissions must be received by 11:59 p.m., Friday, August 9, 2019. Those applicants determined to be the most qualified will be invited to participate further in the selection process. Applicants selected for the position will be required to successfully complete an extensive background investigation process.
Questions regarding the position can be directed to:
Lieutenant Robert Woods